Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

All limbed animals can swim, as far as I know.

1 Like

Given how important the sensitive info kept in there is to the clubs future plans, I’d be very surprised if any non-Essendon people would ever be considered. The last thing you want is some blow in stealing our draft/list management plans and taking them to another club.

Dodoro would sooner fire himself from the cannon into the sun than work for another club, my guess is he is the Third Key, Fifth Element-style

I would like to test this by dropping a Merino in the ocean.
Maybe a cow, too.

1 Like

Rats can most definitely swim

They can swim.

1 Like

No waaaaay.

It can only be opened by Dodoro and Rob Forster night using their keys simultaneously:

3 Likes

Yes waaaay

Huh. They can even dive.

6 Likes

Jay-Z on Triple M

• Hawks well ahead to land Wingard.
  • Shiel will leave GWS, but won’t be sorted quickly. Thinks still a few weeks away. Carlton have been into him for years but Essendon are very very keen. Thinks Essendon would be leading that race.
  • Collingwood were favourites for May, but thinks he’s more likely to end up at Melbourne or Hawthorn rather than the Pies.
4 Likes

Yes Wimm they can swim, surprisingly well. As a Jackaroo I once had to rescue a mob of ewes stranded on a small island in a large flood at wanganella. With a few hounds encouraging them, off they went.

2 Likes

Not sure I trust your sources.

5 Likes

I will be passing through deniliquin tomorrow, so not too far from wanganella, and will actually have a hound on board. I think your sources will be interested in that.

1 Like

Diving cow video is the coolest thing I have seen for a while.

I’m just ■■■■■■ that Humble_NSW_Fan’s sources are better than mine.

First the Dubbo Zoo rumour, and now this!!! FFS.

3 Likes

Predictions
Lynch - Richmond
May - Pies
Setterfield - Essendon
Finlayson - Blues
McGovern - Blues
Hickey - West Coast Eagles
Lycett - Port Adelaide
Dalhaus - Geelong
Miles - Suns
Polec - North
Hall - North

Shiel - ???
Gaff - ???
Wingard ???

big misunderstanding at Dea’s exit interview

com-gif-maker-11

25 Likes

Provided Cunnington, Hiffins and Polec don’t mind doing all his defensive work. Sometimes players get the ■■■■■ with having to do that.

That is indeed a Fit.

True & a moot point if we have been informed that he is completely off the trade table. If that decision has been made, then it is pointless/irrelevant to try & persuade them otherwise.

Jumping the gun here. The discussion around GWS entertaining trades has its genesis in their reported salary cap issues. We have no way of knowing the exact amounts, but the fact remains that they need to free up some cap space by offloading players.

It’s speculative who those players are, but I hardly think it is a case of us needing to bang on their door & convince them to change their mindset. They have sal cap issues & need to entertain trade offers. Perhaps, with Griffin’s retirement & Lobb potentially out, they are close to resolving these issues. Or they may still be a few hundred grand off & need to trade out a younger player, on less coin than their recognised stars, to just get it sorted.

You wouldn’t articulate it like that. You would ask the question as to whether they would entertain offers for him, what kinda deal they would be looking at & then state: “We value him around X (let’s assume a late first round/early second round) because of Y (injuries, 2 games at senior level in 2 years, etc). And then negotiate any gap between those positions using the assets we have.

As for my own personal view (which is irrelevant), yes, I believe pick 8 (ignoring compo/priority picks) straight up is overs for Setterfield (as I stated earlier). If pick 8, and another pick/Hearts is involved, we should highly expect their late first round pick in return.