Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

come back tomorrow.

1 Like

gun?

2 Likes

WTAF?

Suddenly Pies win and everyone starts taking LSD…

I know I’m off my face right now. I’m in a fkn daze!

1 Like

“I’m a PERSON and my name is Anakin”

1 Like

Spud gun maybe

1 Like

lol Townsend is ■■■■. So are a lot of these richmond 3rd tier players. Give it 2 years and Butler and Lambert will be on the coburg trash pile

1 Like

Draftee assessment: Dylan Shiel

Youve got your hard ball gets, your loose ball gets, your metres gained and less impressively your metres lost but what I look for in a new recruit is what the mum says…To get the real insights you can’t go past the mum.

Dylan’s mum

“Dylly was a real firecracker as a child. He’s had that burst speed since he was a toddler.

At the family bbq, we’d get sick of him hassling us to play kick to kick and dragging us away from our Chardonnay, so we’d set up a couple of witches hats, wipe a chop off the bbq onto the back of his shorts - and set roger, the family Labrador, after him to provide some encouragement.

He was running s 15.3 beep test as a 7 year old.”

10 Likes

This is Donnington level fan-fiction.

1 Like

Looking at the effect Sidebottom’s had on this final series makes me want to go harder for Gaff. Up the offer and front load the crap out of his contact if it’s possible and means we don’t need to trade with WC.
Statically Gaff and Sidebottom are almost the same player. Outside, elite ball using, hard running accumulaters. Go for a big bodied mid with our first pick.
To have a guy that gets it over 30 times a game and kicks it 18 of those going at 75% eff disposal

10 Likes

Unlikely that he’d leave and I know he’s not exactly a household name but I would put an offer to Brayden Sier of good tenure and decent coin.

He didn’t play any senior footy for a few years since being drafted while they built his tank up but he’s now a real bullocking presence at stoppages, wins clearances, tackles well (and often) and is a great size.

Debuted in round 15 and has kept his place since as a starting mid in a potential premiership side.

2 Likes

We aren’t getting anyone ffs

Such a hero, you are.

Source?

I just know stuff.

Get the Gaff

3 Likes

The f##king filth team last night had nine players from other clubs they have traded in. We must do the same and trade in more top players to become a top team.

Ok, then.

1 Like

This is absolutely spot on. However, everyone wants 8 to 10 quality readymade mids and the marketplace isn’t exactly overflowing, relative to demand. Buckley, Hardwick and Roos/Goody read the tea leaves years ago and went all out trading / drafting mids as a priority when the price was relatively cheap. It would be a lot more expensive now to get a Prestia, Caddy, Hoskin E, Crisp, Treloar, Varcoe, Tyson, Melksham etc.

Point is, trading for a quality mid might be too expensive now - doing it 2019 as opposed to 2 years ago means increased likelihood of losing excessive picks / paying too much of your cap and potentially losing underpaid improved players already on your list. A lot of talk here about bringing players in at any cost… short term thinking and I wouldn’t.

Let’s hope Melbourne knock off WC today so we can feast on footage of Gaff touring the facilities next week.

In fairness, 5 of those were delisted players not traded

1 Like