Trade Targets

There may be a few thinking of leaving GWS. How about Toby Greene? Or a couple of kids from the GWS seconds?

Iā€™d say they would be more interested in Stewart.

Rhys Matheson on Darcy Parishā€™s instagram story? Maybe heā€™s getting in his ear, heā€™s a great clearance mid.

Midfield vs forward.

And AA is totally subjective- look how few nods Dustin fletcher got.

Fact is Martin has been playing midfield minutes since his first year. Heā€™s averaged 20 touches every year of his career - Stringer has had 20 touches about 3 or 4 times in his whole career. Yes, Stringer had one great year as a 3rd forward kicking cheapies over the top. Got worked out and hasnā€™t been able to replicate it. Itā€™s a ridiculous comparison.

3 Likes

So can I assume you donā€™t think we are getting him and now he is ā– ā– ā– ā–  and we didnā€™t want him anyway?

I was actually just playing along with you.
Should have used the ironic font.
I concur & enjoy your work.

1 Like

Not many players can match Martin for size, strength, agility & speed. Stringer might be the only player that can.

Letā€™s go back 3-4 years and ask a Richmond supporter about Martin.

ā€˜Inconsistent, shows up when he feels like it, doesnā€™t work hard enoughā€™ā€¦ the exact same issues being said about Stringer.

Except Stringer is a 2x All Australian & Premiership player. Heā€™s got all the tools to be what we need.

Heā€™s got 1 AA, not 2.

3 Likes

After watching last notes game is Scuiiy contracted

Yeh. Also a gun.

All GWS outside players know how to win their own footy.

I think their isue is coaching. I reckon if any blitzer coached them theyā€™d get to the Preliminary on talent alone. That looks like how they play as well.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s no Iā€™s in team. Thatā€™s why GWS canā€™t progress to the big dance.

3 Likes

Except maybe lyn2?

1 Like

I agree. I just wonder if thatā€™s because of lack of structure. When you watch them, what would you say their gameplan is?

I just donā€™t see one.

I get what you are saying but using GWS as a comparison is a bit rediculous.

They had so much top end talant and depth that itā€™s far easier to take risks.

In GWSā€™s brief history they have had 29 first round picks, of which most of them are top ten.

We havenā€™t even had that many since 2000 and most of ours were outside top ten.

Trade heppell.

only player thatā€™d have currency and match brisbaneā€™s needs.

i.e. never gonna happen

Trade our captain?

Now I have heard it all.

Heard Stewie Lowe on the radio this morning talking about how he nearly came to Essendon in 1995. He was unhappy at the Saints, just got back from a tour of the Freo facilities where he bumped in Noel Judkins at the Sandy TAB. He asked if he be interested in meeting Sheeds. So a meeting was arranged at an Essendon supporters house across the road from Windy Hill ( kind of weird I thought). He gets to the house nervous and the supporter lets him in, telling him Sheeds is waiting for him in the next room. He opens the double sliding glass doors and Sheeds is there tapping a white board. He turns it around and says how would you like tab be CHF in this team, having him on the board.

This is how Sheeds got things done back in the day.

Stewie was all excited after meeting Sheeds but when he got home he bumped into Trevor Barker who took him for a coffee and ended up convincing him to stay with the Saints.

16 Likes

So coffee does work?

9 Likes

This story of how a triple premiership coach couldnā€™t convince someone to leave a bottom 4 side for a top 4 side is not as inspirational as it might be.

20 Likes