Trade Targets

fixed

2 Likes

Interesting. I don’t know if any of the Balic/McKenzie/Wigg/Sheridan/etc. group will be great bargains of if they’re all duds. But getting quality out of one or two of these guys who would cost nothing is something the club has been generally remiss in over the last decade. Even if they only hit a Bugg/Biggs kind of level, if they can boost the bottom of the best 22 for the cost of a late pick then I’ll take that.

Without knowing the individuals, its hard to say if I think we should/shouldn’t grab an individual. But on what I’ve read, I’d be chasing Balic, and one of McKenzie/Wigg might make sense.

2 Likes

I think Green and Stewart are good gets for what they cost us.

Stewart in particular looks to have a long career.

3 Likes

If one of those names McKenzie/Balic/Grigg etc that come cheap can have an impact in our midfield like Stewart has in the forwardline, it’d be a great result.

Doesn’t take away the fact however we still need A grade quality brought in too.

1 Like

Absolutely, Stewart looks like a beauty.

Agreed. Best result is to say get a Balic and McKenzie for very little, and then an A grade talent. Looking at Richmond, their midfield is pretty ordinary except for the fact they have Cotchin and Martin. We’re not going to get a talent at those levels, but if we could get someone a step below (Rockliff, Gaff) that would be a huge step in the right direction. Especially if McGrath/Zerrett/Parish can keep improving, and Heppell gets back to his 2015 form.

Reckon he’d take one game to win you over with the way he goes after the ball.

1 Like

Trent McKenzie is proof that not every player improves as they get older.

1 Like

The transformation from Fark Carlton into GWC will be almost complete if they pick up all 3 like rumoured.
Kennedy and Smith with Griffin thrown in as a salary dump isn’t a bad deal if they can get it done

1 Like

Don’t need a good midfield when Myers and McKenzie hoofin goals from the wing

Don’t need a good midfield when Myers and McKenzie hoofin OOTF from the wing

*Fixed

2 Likes

Can we rename the trade period

Carlton getting all the trades

thats where you’re wrong, without a good midfield to pressure their kicks into f50 other teams are gonna end up 15 goals 5. so only 5 hoofs for us.

I am done with Myers. His inability to even contemplate the use of his right foot slows us down time and time again. And when everyone wanted him gone years ago, I was well in his camp.

Except he uses his right more than a number of others…

I wish he wouldn’t

How many legs does he have?

5 Likes

We do when Myers kick it oob!

Hence my OOTF comment

Out on the full

Be interesting to go through Dangers stats last few rounds against the votes he received.

2 Likes

Push Silvani out of the way and have a look.