Trade Targets

These things. But I now I know of many weeds that have sap looking like milk.

Fxd

2 Likes

Dandelions, aren’t they?
I think I remember the milk coming out of them when we made ‘daisy’ chains as a 5-7 year-old.

Tis a thistle.

Oh I don’t farking know.
But I can tell you - it’s not good to taste.

Whose French name is pisse-le-lit or ‘wet the bed’.

Words are cool.
LMW dug out an old Patsy Biscoe album of mine, and we pondered the meaning and age of the nursery rhymes a couple of nights ago.

Eggs…you’ve got at the cellular level as well.
So…way older than chickens.
Meat and milk, though…that’s a good one.

1 Like

Wtf did I just read.

8 Likes

I learned a more refined version - the English word dandelion comes from the French dent de lion (lion’s tooth).

2 Likes

Pokes head into thread.

Looks around.

Slowly backs towards the door …

14 Likes

I guess some people have inquisitive minds and others don’t.

2 Likes

With Myers left as one of our few big bodied mids and inside mids one of our key areas that could use help Anthony Miles is one who could be worth chasing and is available.

Foot skills not the sharpest but gets enough of the ball and would help on the inside to feed our runners.

Third rounder may get it done.

I don’t understand this.

We have Heppell, Myers, Langford, Laverde, Begely as big mid options. Potentially even Stringer as well. We don’t need to add to the list. We need to play the ones we have.

Myers is ordinary

Hepp is tall but not big

The Langford hasn’t shown he can play midfield in the AFL

Begley is a second year player and

Laverde will never be able to play midfield.

That’s probably why…

2 Likes

Fark Miles. Would rather just put Parish & Zerrett at the coal face. They will get it done. Parish in particular is a clearance mid, we just played him outside a lot this year to learn how to.

It’s not like Miles is this brute tall player anyway.

2 Likes

And Miles is any better than them?

Miles is a waste of a list spot for us.

4 Likes

Spot on. As exciting as getting Smith, Saad and Stringer will be, it doesn’t really address the shortcomings of our team that was highlighted in the Elimination final vs Sydney. We were obliterated at stoppages and pushed off the ball.

The three guys mentioned will help our lack of defensive spread which is important but I don’t reckon we suddenly become a feared midfield unit next year. We still lack a couple of bulls who can barge through at stoppages or at the very least hold their ground. We are light, young and inexperienced in there.

I wouldn’t be opposed to getting Miles for a 3rd round pick if that’s what it took. Not the long term answer but will help the mix in the inside.

I hope the pitch to Ollie Wines started 12 months ago by the way!!

1 Like

I reckon you’ll see parish playing a lot more inside, and at clearances this year

5 Likes

Would also like Merret to play permanent middle.