Trade Targets

He’ll fit in perfectly.

He could be just the right amount of cooked in order for us to totally ruin his career by pummeling him right into the ground until his body breaks entirely.

1 Like

What did Hawthorn give up to get Tom Mitchell? What did they give up to get JOM?

Is De Goey better than Mitchell?

1 Like

What did gold coast give up to get Lachie Weller?

2 Likes

While valid i don’t think its that important in this trade.

mitchell was walking regardless. sydney took the best they got offered.

does de goey want to goey? does collingwood want him? how badly do we want him?

from what i’ve seen, can’t say leaning towards no, looks like a yes, not a utility hbf so we’re not keen.

2 Likes

Without straying too far from my original comment that he is worth a high first rounder, I agree somewhat with @barnz & @SplitRound in that end of the day players are worth what clubs are willing to trade/clubs will trade for.

But even without asking Derek Hine, I’m fairly confident I can say they wouldn’t demand anything less than a high first round pick, especially if they end up being attacked on multiple fronts ie; Sydney & Moore.

Essentially making his worth, at minimum, a high first round pick.

1 Like

You go for best available and currently there are more key positions players at the top end of this draft which means there is more than a chance that we do pick up a key forward.

■■■■ best available we go for needs which is pure mids.

We have Daniher and Stewart no need for key forwards or talls our next 2 drafts must be inside mid forcused.

2 Likes

And a very low one at that…second rounder FFS.

1 Like

Willem Drew. No chance of a senior debut this year. Will get cheap and adds a contested bull to our side.

1 Like

We should ONLY be looking for a midfield bull…forget Gaff.

I think we’ve got the rest of the field covered…provided Draper shows good signs of being able to replace Bellcho.

2 Likes

Willem Drew it is.

Liked him in the draft too. No idea how he’s been going in the SANFL though

1 Like

Who cares he plays for port. Let’s steal him

1 Like

Been played out of position (forward flank) and had an injury that stuffed his preseason. Not in the bests last year but showed glimpses.

Port fans are bullish on him and see him as a long term prospect. But if he keeps being played out of position and not get a game. He will want out.

Saw his out for the season after having surgery on his heel. Should be cheap.

Unless he’s improved his decisionmaking significantly since he was drafter, I’d be a no thanks on Drew. He’s just a bigger version of Sam Lonergan. Can get the ball in tight, but just hoiks it blindly round the corner when he does.

3 Likes

If I’m looking for a young midfielder from another club not getting games I’d look at Corey Lyons from Brisbane. Was McGraths teammate at Sandringham who had a ■■■■■■ good finals series that year himself. Craves the contest and is a good finisher infront of goal, also a tackling machine

11 Likes

SOLD!!!

2 Likes

Good call. I don’t think he’s particularly big, but he’s a ■■■■■■ good player. I’m still a bit confused why he was drafted so late.

3 Likes

He is 184 so hardly a slouch. His skills aren’t the best but he certainly plays a style that works for the modern game.

Oh and baring 1 game he has out performed Mathieson in every NEAFL game :wink:

2 Likes