Trade Targets

Even worse are VPM LCs.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. The bloke I thought was the biggest list clogger has gotten games already this year.

Anthony Miles dominating in Richmond VFL.

If he doesnā€™t get a game during finals, could be open to a move.

1 Like

If he doesnā€™t get a game, will have his pick of Port, Frankston or williamstown.

4 Likes

I just donā€™t see ā€œitā€ with this bloke. Iā€™m sure he was an outstanding junior, he went at pick 3 after all, but I just donā€™t see anything that separates him from others. Keep hearing how good a kick he is yet fails to regularly kick simple goals. Saints would want a minimum first rounder too. At that price, itā€™s a no from me.

3 Likes

Myers dominates when he plays VFL also.

Reason Miles not getting a game for Tigers is too slow so canā€™t pressure enough / spread offensively

Also too one dimensional, not able to be rested fwd. And no penetration on kicks/ inefficient.

Basically heā€™s David Myers but a better ball winner, which doesnā€™t say much for us.

Yeah no way a first rounder but if we got him cheapish I wouldnā€™t be against it

Straight swap with Laverde, the perfect lose-lose deal.

2 Likes

Man, I sure could use a change of ā€œsecenaryā€

Who gets dangled/let-go/outsourced as trade bait? Hurley? Parish?

Seems that coaches just donā€™t value clearances any more. Otherwise Miles would be getting a game every week.

Its not that they donā€™t value clearances its that clearances on their own are not enough. Myers for example is our best clearance winner but heā€™s effectively a liability in most other aspects of the game. Miles is in a similar boat in that he wins enough clearances but heā€™s not particularly dangerous with the ball & gets exposed for pace & skills for the majority of the game which isnā€™t a stoppage. Mids who might not get as many clearances but can run & carry when they have the ball & pressure the opposition when defending are more valuable than purely clearance mids.

2 Likes

For Billings?! ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hellā€¦

1 Like

Dahlhouse in 2016 is what Smith is like in 2018, If he could get that spark back heā€™d be worth a look.

We may have too many of his size already though.

Dalhouse for GWS second rounder

We need a dirty rotten animal in the side.

Throw everything we have got at Shiel and/or Coniglio. Giants arenā€™t going anywhere so letā€™s try to pick them off

14 Likes

Imagine how bad their crowds are going to be if they drop back to being a bottom 4 team like Gold Coast?
I reckon there is more hope for Gold Coast and iā€™m convinced Gold Coast will eventually fold

Itā€™s classic blitz.
Everyone elseā€™s struggling players are automatically 10x better than our struggling players on the trade/draft board.
Then when it comes to gameday, it flips 180: our guys are 10x better than the other guys, why arenā€™t we winning by 50 goals??

Billings is decent - better than Green, not as good as Raz. I would happily have him on the list, heā€™d be in the 22, but I wouldnā€™t bother paying much for him.

4 Likes

No

You donā€™t trade for the sake of trading. We trade for a midfield bull, or for nothing.