Training 12/1/18

Heppell was not just average in 2017. His numbers were almost identical to 2014, his best season, despite missing 12 months. I’d call that a pretty ■■■■■■ good season.

4 Likes

Good news ivan, it’s Wednesday.
Bad news ivan, training isn’t scheduled until after 3:00pm. So 7 hours to wait.
Good news ivan, the sun is shining. It’s a corker of a day. And I’m still on holidays.

3 Likes

Really had to stick the knife in there at the end didn’t you

3 Likes

papercutlemonjuice.gif

@ivan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oct2xKMGOno

1 Like

I was there when he supposedly hurt himself… No one saw what happened, (and I was standing right behind the goals), including the coaching staff… He simply gave his bib to another player and wandered off to the tent. Mark Harvey asked him what was wrong and he just mumbled something and kept walking. Harvs then asked Zerk-Thatcher what happened and I heard Thatch say… “I dunno, I didn’t touch him”.

To me, he comes across as arrogant with zero runs on the board to justify it yet… I hope he doesn’t blow his opportunity cause I’ve read other reports that suggest he has loads of talent. I hope I am wrong about him.

1 Like

You came to that conclusion from one little incident?

FMD

5 Likes

Good lord!! :roll_eyes:

I just watched Kickboxer again today… Franga just needs to watch the montage in that movie and he’ll be good to go. #takethetree or #packyourbagsandleave

Thanks for this further information @SofStar99

Luke has suffered a little bit of patella tendonitis for a few years (bowling fast on concrete should be banned) that occasionally flares up from overuse. This training session came at the end of his first full week of full training with the main group (has previously been eased into it as he recovers from shoulder surgery and some minor calf complaints). Tiredness was probably to be expected, and the patella tendonitis will be perhaps an ongoing issue that will require management.

He was grateful for the two days off (Monday and Tuesday - 1st Year Induction Camp) this week for a rest, and is keen to get back into it this afternoon.

I agree that he has zero runs on the board. He is well aware of this.

17 Likes

That’s fair enough… It was just my observation of how he simply walked off leaving the coaches and players scratching their heads… would it kill him to say “tendonitis”? its just manners and respect to coaches and teammates.

1 Like

Was it Lavender or Houlahan though? I read it as Houlahan.

Lav and Houlihan were mucking about on the sidelines having set shots together before the drill, but it was definitely Lavender who limped off.

Shock - teenager fails to explain something!

• if anything reminds me of the media bubble / pressure these young kids are under it’s this.
    Learning, just like growing up is a process.
    Thank Christ all my “learning experiences” weren’t publicly commented on.

I’m sure a staff member will have a quiet word, and that’s how it should be.
At least it wasn’t BJ going the full point on his ■■■■.

2 Likes

I f he picked up a little knock in the first week of training with the club I can understand why he may feel a little dejected.

Just reporting what I saw… I know when i was a teen, we couldn’t scratch our arses without telling the coach, let alone just walk off mid drill. Just don’t want him getting ahead of himself that’s all.

Hats off to him for having been able to go from one elite sport to another cause that in itself is already a big achievement.

2 Likes

Anyone go to training?

IF it even actually happened.

S_K, you are a way more magnanimous man than myself.

Much respect for how you dealt with that amazing supposition and speculation.

8 Likes

I’m sure it happened, but you never know whether or not players are given instructions from doctors/physios along the lines of “if you feel something playing up with your knee, stop everything, talk to no-one and come straight from the track - Blitz could be listening :joy:”.

Maybe he was grumpy, maybe he can’t pronounce “tendonitis”, maybe he doesn’t like Harvs, I don’t know. Perceptions by others are important though, and are always (both positive and negative) valued by me!

This will be nothing compared to the stuff that I’ll read in here once the season starts I guess! The early reports (apart from this particular training session) have been so far above expectation already, so we’re a pretty happy lot! Still a long way to go…

29 Likes

Maybe the coaches new it was a bit tender and told him to just come off if he felt it worsening, … in which case he would have had no need to say jack to anyone.

Maybe he just got a raised brow from the coach, and he just looked at his knee and gave an expression that said yep, … sore.

There’s plenty of non verbal communications like that that happen all the time,… how anyone could jump to such a far reaching idea that he was rude or sooky or nasty etc, … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes