Training 12/1/18

You are a treasure S_K, reckon you are a great Dad and I love your attitude.

15 Likes

Thanks. As an aside ā€œzero runs on the boardā€ reflects his cricket batting career perfectly :joy: #genuinenumber11

19 Likes

:rofl:

Why does LAV hate Harvs so much? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I presume something happened today.

Itā€™s almost like the social media team go out of their way to make Baguley look bad during preseason.

1 Like

Nice tan though.

1 Like

waiting for a tweet of an eSport kid outmarking him

6 Likes

Didnā€™t see this posted, but hereā€™s a gallery for training on the 12th (which this image seems part of and not from todayā€™s training)

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=collection:AFL%202018%20Training%20-%20Essendon%20120118

Hey mate. I was at training and saw Lav walk off. From what I saw he was competing in a one on one marking contest and it looked like he may have either rolled his ankle a little or copped a slight knock. He was fine right up until that contest and then stopped straight away and walked back to the tent. For mine, I didnā€™t think he was being soft or petulant or anything else of the kind, rather that I hope he hadnā€™t done serious damage in the contest. His reaction though was definitely one of frustration more than anything else though. He was not walking comfortably, but he was walking.

6 Likes

cheers - indeed it is from the 12th. I was going by the tweet date post.

1 Like

The attitude problems of the youth i swearā€¦

All while sitting in a bean bag.

If so, why have we gone longer than any team without a finals win (14 years) and are only ahead of Melbourne for wins in that period?

Itā€™s not as simple as blaming Dodoro.

We as a club have refused to get with the times and it kept us in the wilderness for at least a decade.

By the time we started spending money on training facilities and and our coaching panel we then had the saga.

I actually believe the biggest improvement we made was dumping Bendigo and fielding a standalone side. The development of players has improved greatly in my opinion.

Of course itā€™s not one persons fault, but the guy charged with putting together the list is as influential as anyone, and unlike everyone else, he is the common denominator over this period.

His last trade period was excellent, but was the exception among years of inactivity. Our drafting has been hit and miss, with one standout performance so far - the year we were most hampered by draft sanctions.

For me the biggest common denominator was Essington.

We have made poor decision after poor decision.

Agreed.

And most of these poor decisions were hailed by most people here at the time.

Anyone who suggested that those decisions may not be in the best long-term interests of success for the club were shouted down.

And list management decisions are the key driver of on field performance. So, Iā€™m not sure how anyone could mount an argument that our list manager has been good a performer.

I saw and heard it. I was there, right behind the goals less than 2mtrs away. If you CHOOSE not to believe me, thatā€™s your prerogative, but if you wanna take subtle swipes, go aheadā€¦ Even though YOU werenā€™t there.