Training 12/1/18

This makes me happy

1 Like

Mate went today tells me Stringer went to a modified group on the second oval (Francis there as well as Hooker)
Stringer clutched his right Achilles’ tendon late in the session, didn’t return and complete, - any one see this and can confirm?

Blitz meltdown in 3.2.1…

1 Like

Not just his ankle. His achilles tendon specifically? Good detail.

4 Likes

I disagree

RIP STRINGER. Should have told Bulldogs to ■■■■ off. We got sold a lemon. Once again Essendon doesnt do their due dilligence! Sad!

That’s good to see, like I said heard it second hand so I may have gotten it wrong,- thanks.

How about Francis heard he trained in a modified group and didn’t take part in match play? Also second hand hope I’m wrong.

Pretty sure Archie was taking the p*ss

FML if it’s true

■■■■ hope he’s not injured

Devon Smith found the ball plenty in match sim.

Stringer won a few center clearances at speed, Looked powerful kicking can improve but exciting.

McGrath found plenty of it and in one 20 second period he moved the ball from HB to HF having 4 touches a long the way.

Langford looked good bigger stronger and looked faster to me, Confidence a big thing for him but looks to be coming on.

Laverde very similer to Langford looks fit and confident hopefully he gets early games and an uninterrupted run.

McNeice very impressive today, Great kick very vocal and really competative.

Francis took part in ball work early then went to etihad in the modified group, On the mend for sure.

Parish looks ready to roll IMO obvious size increase and looks very fit.

Saad was exciting always looked to take the game on he likes to run directly into danger knowing he can either get through or draw the defenders to get a quick handball off to a free player, We are all gonna love him.

Hurley is not a KPP anymore IMO he’s a rebounding 3rd tall closer to Hibberd now than a Rance type, Ambrose Hartley and Hurley all need to play IMO.

Redman i thought was good today he found a bit in the back pocket, Works hard and very vocal happy with his transition from forward to defence.

Jake Long is almost impossible to tackle from front on he has a wicked side step and his awkward running style throws people off allowing him to baulk quite easily, I really want to see him more this year.

Draper was pretty good kicked a classic goal deep in the pocket from match sim under heavy pressure from I think Hartley.

A few scribbles from what I remember today.

51 Likes

Thanks for the reports. All sounding positive. Did Joey train?

Yep, Joey was Joey no issues with him trained like normal.

From what I saw no issues with Jake.

1 Like

Joey is a beast.

Really impressed with Devon smith and with the more midfield minutes he will get with us, he could be an outstanding acquisition - body permitting. With Zach Merrett, McGrath (who also looks primed) and parish that is a very damaging and exciting mosquito fleet.

Mcniece is very vocal which is quite impressive. Saad will add another dimension. Excited about what he and McKenna can do together.

Francis is notably leaner, I just hope his body (and mind) allows him to get a good run at it in the seniors - I think that will be critical to him feeling part of the group.

13 Likes

Sounds like McNiece has been more prominent than Baguley’s tan?

Our defence is even better if McNiece can take Baguley’s spot, especially without Baguley being in decline.

That leaves just the midfield to step up a notch.

1 Like

From what Hurley said to the media Jake was doing great,

1 Like

Thought laverde also appears in ripping condition - moved well.

Pretty sure I saw colyer and Ridley on the sidelines. Unless my eyes deceived me, colyer still in a moon boot.

2 Likes

Is Pops Kelly involved in training the midfield group ?. Who is controlling the match sim, usually its Woosha?
Is Diesel anywhere to be seen? Is the russian involved in ruck coaching?

Be great if he can replace Baguley.

Watched the Aznac Day replay last night and McNiece did this one diving spoil to the boundary line in the last that was great.

8 Likes

Moving well and physical appearance have never been a problem. It’s staying on the park, and going missing for large chunks he has issues with

2 Likes

Thats not his only trick. Give McNiece the ball coming out of defence and he will drill the ball 50 metres to a target.

2 Likes