Training 12/1/18

I really don’t see the point in talking about Francis’s mental abilities until he, and the club, gets his body right.

1 Like

The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone etc. its connected can’t do one without the other, body/mind combination. Got be in the space for it to work in co-operation together.

And given he was closer to pick 100 than pick 1, it sounds like whoever wrote it has absolutely no perspective.

I think he’ll be OK. Looks a better kick than Howlett, slightly more zip.

Nope. Not buying that.
He’s a full time professional footballer with people employed to get his body right.
So, you know, do that and then let’s talk.

I’ve seen him absolutely own the VFL backline as a KPP, which he isn’t, age 19.
That was last season.

If it were 2012, sure. Lifted two or three notches since then.

It wouldn’t be listed on the stock market if it was a Pty Ltd company as the “Pty” bit means proprietary, i.e. can’t offer shares publicly.

It’s a two-year rolling score, hence the absence of any of the Crucified Ones.

I don’t think champion data has ever rate or list as highly as that so that is interesting.

A little harsh I think,he’s a 6foot4-5 100 kg 20 year old he was always going to take a bit of time when he gets confidence in his body he will be unstoppable

You underestimate the power of sustained levels of belief.

8 Likes

I think Walla needs to take him under his wing.

Walla can talk to him about how precious his opportunity is, and how he went from being a homeless teen with a learning disability in a town where he couldn’t even speak the language properly let alone read it, and how he had to work his backside off years after his draft age just to get a shot. Walla can tell him how his Mum died and his dad abandoned him and how he spent his early childhood with his grandmother until she died and then he couch surfed for the next 7 years until he had a glimmer of an opportunity to move from the Tiwi to one of th coldest places in the country, with no guarantees.

If Franga even had half of the motivation and dedication of Walla he would be Brownlow medal material.

18 Likes

Rubbish, his body isn’t right because of his mental state that limits his ability to prepare it properly.

Getting his head right is the absolute first priority.

8 Likes

Think your wrong about Smith he’s already proven as a mid. hard to get a gig in the middle at the Giants when they are stacked in there.

Yep awesome proposal… Show him what real resilience is about!

He’s fighting with doubt over whether he will make it and whether he belongs, a lot of the doubt comes from the niggles that really get him down.

I love how people always think any type of problem can be fixed by someone telling them to fix it. He’s probably had 15 years of it, but hey, let’s tell him a story and that will fix it.

Nothing but encouragement for this guy. He will be just fine. As soon as the niggles are gone you will see the difference.

4 Likes

Zak’s may not always like the hard stuff, but he has turned into a very good tackler these past few years.

Fair enough.
I find the couch psychology distasteful, personally, but it’s one point of view.

5 Likes

Bugger the couch then, they could adopt a ‘walk and talk’ intervention which addresses the physical and the mental at the same time!.

Yeh Nah. Just leave it up to our new Manager of People and Performance as an introductory special project. If he can get Francis firing and on the park, he will win me over.

2 Likes

Any training today??