Training 13/12/13

Thanks for the fantastic, informative report, Jackie.

The weather’s going to get hotter this week; I hope Tiff has the sense to wear some light clothing.

A couple of questions, if you don’t mind.

First, how would you describe the heaviness of the players’ workload under Thompson as compared with Hird? Is he working them harder, not as hard, or about the same?

Second, what’s the feeling like among the players? Do they appear to be enthusiastic, enjoying themselves, competing among one another to be best, or are they resenting it all a bit?

And finally, do any of the players look to be losing a bit of excess poundage, getting a bit leaner and harder? A lot ofthem didn’t have much to lose, but one or two did.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Footy.

You had me at commando

All the 50+ blokes seem to love it.

Except Noonan, so there’s clearly an upper limit there

Thanks for the fantastic, informative report, Jackie.
The weather's going to get hotter this week; I hope Tiff has the sense to wear some light clothing.
A couple of questions, if you don't mind.
First, how would you describe the heaviness of the players' workload under Thompson as compared with Hird? Is he working them harder, not as hard, or about the same?

NOT A LOT THAT I CAN SAY IN COMPARISON BECAUSE WE WERE BASICALLY BANNED FROM TRAINING UNDER HIRD WITH CLOSED SESSIONS. AS FAR AS I CAN SEE NO TIME IS BEING WASTED WITH INJECTIONS BUT ONE OFFICIAL DID SAY TO ME THAT HIRD WOULD FINISH EACH SESSION PRECISELY ON TIME WHEREAS BOMBER MAKES THEM KEEP GOING UNTIL THEY REACH THE REQUIRED STANDARD HOWEVER I CAN'T VERIFY THIS.  THIS PARTICULAR SESSION WAS TWO HOURS ON THE FIELD AFTER A WARM UP INDOORS SO IT WAS A PRETTY STRONG SESSION.  BOMBER WAS CONTINUALLY REMINDING THE PLAYERS THAT THEY HAD TO BE ABLE TO PERFORM WHEN THEY WERE TIRED WHICH THEY DOUBTLESS WERE AFTER THE THREE DAY COMMANDO CAMP.

Second, what's the feeling like among the players? Do they appear to be enthusiastic, enjoying themselves, competing among one another to be best, or are they resenting it all a bit?

THIS IS NOT THE MAIN GROUP IN COLORADO WHOSE ATTITUDE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GAUGE FROM BOMBER TV.  ALL I CAN SAY OF THIS GROUP IS THAT I CAN'T SEE ANY RESENTMENT AND THEY APPEAR KEEN TO DO WELL BUT I'M NOT PRIVY TO THEIR PRIVATE THOUGHTS.  ONE DIFFERENCE I HAVE NOTICED THOUGH IS THAT BOMBER DID SEND A MUCH BIGGER GROUP TO COLORADO SO I THINK FRINGE PLAYERS LIKE BROWNE, DEL, STEINBERG ETC. PROBABLY FEEL MUCH MORE VALUED AND PART OF THE GROUP.
And finally, do any of the players look to be losing a bit of excess poundage, getting a bit leaner and harder? A lot ofthem didn't have much to lose, but one or two did.

I HAVEN'T NOTICED ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR EXCEPT THAT THEY ARE PUTTING A LOT OF WORK INTO JOE AND HE LOOKS STRONGER.  THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THE NEW FACILITY IS MORE EFFICIENT AND THE TRAINING GROUND IS BIGGER THAN WINDY HILL SO I THINK YOU CAN EXPECT AN IMPROVEMENT IN FITNESS.  TRAINING NO LONGER INVOLVES THE WEAPON OR THE SUPPLEMENTS PROGRAMME SO I WOULD EXPECT IMPROVEMENT TO FLOW FROM THIS.
Your work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jackie

No mention of Tiff, and Jackie sounds a little teensy bit edgy, with all that shouting.