Training 2 July 2014

Today for the first time in ages I attended training at Tullamarine expecting to see JM but it seems Tiff had other plans for him this morning!!

With apologies to Jackie’s technical weather skills but it was sunny with a light northerly breeze over the McCracken Oval.

The coaches put the players through an extended series of skills and strength based exercises before game simulation training. Baguley and Winders completed full training however Hurley only ran laps (freely) but with a sense that he may have tight hammies?

During simulated game practice Bomba continued to emphasise the need to create space in the corridor when moving forward of centre. On a few occasions as he had done during pre-season, he stopped the action to question players about their positioning during forward moves.

The general feel of training was upbeat with Bomba throwing in some competitive exercises to help improve the boys positive mental state. The stand outs were Colyer, Winders, Belly and Bags. I get the feeling that Fantasia is not far off a senior call up but maybe Colyer’s recent good form may be the only reason for further delay. Bomba noticeably focused on Melksham at stoppages and the need for him to be cleaner in his ball possessions.

I suspect we may have three changes for Port with Winders, Bags and even Belly returning. Not confident about who will miss out but Hardingham was doing it tough physically during training and Hurley may be a doubtful starter.

Thanks KB. I'll be 1st to ask, did Hibberd train?

Thanks KB. I'll be 1st to ask, did Hibberd train?

Didn't see him.

Was M.Gleeson training?

Was M.Gleeson training?

No

Was ■■■■ Reynolds training?

Thanks for the write up KB.

Good to see Belly training well, looked off the pace a fair bit since his return, hoppefully it was just to manage his workload (2 x 6-day breaks) and he will be better for it this week.

Jobe. Just for Koala

Apparently the silver lining with Jobe is he can do some training whilst injured so he shouldn't be too far off the park when he returns for finals action.

Cheers for the report, karma.

Apparently the silver lining with Jobe is he can do some training whilst injured so he shouldn't be too far off the park when he returns for finals action.

Well I'd hope he's fresh 14 months from now!

Was Dick Reynolds training?

In heaven! :)

please get up hibbs

Sorry, but what’s wrong with Hurley?

Thanks for the report. I am always looking for these even when they don’t train!

Is that a pay phone? Apparently Jobe was training in the 1990s.

Sorry, but what's wrong with Hurley?

Seems it may be hamstring tightness.

Was ■■■■ Reynolds training?

SMJ - Shame on you.You are a classless clown. If you had seen the great King Richard play and train, you would not post such

crude and disrespectful tripe.

And for what it is worth, Jobe was fantastic, was only first day back at jogging on Tuesday, but was fantastic enough to come over to a group of us watching, have a chat,, photos, sign stuff.  Legend.

Well done and thankyou.

Way too friggin' cold for me.