Training 23/3/21

I was gutted tbh he was looking good down back. He would have been gutted too.

Hopefully he recovers quickly

2 Likes

Not can but Should be done by individuals and is what seperates the Matthew Lloyds from the Joe Danihers

4 Likes

Yeah Stewart is that gorilla type defenderā€¦ has more height than the othersā€¦

Itā€™s what our team lacked on Saturday night - hawks looked so dangerous when it was kicked to the top of the square.

3 Likes

Spot on those two boys need some good luck ASAP

Agree that a fit and firing Ambrose would be great but I really hope we donā€™t rush him back in - the dudeā€™s last game of footy was 18 months ago in the final against WCE.

2 Likes

True. But he just has to shut an opponent down which lets Rids and Francis play their natural role, Iā€™d say its worth the risk. It obviously depends on how he goes in the VFL. But either he or Zerk need to come in ASAP, whoever is in form and fit sooner.

2 Likes

truck said ambrose was gonna play as a forward - which makes zero sense considering heā€™s the best lockdown defender we have on the list by far

21 Likes

And a pretty garbage forward.

11 Likes

Great to have you back on the job Jackie!!

Sooo who did well?

I donā€™t think he said that. Didnā€™t he just say heā€™d done some training forward to keep options open? He should be playing and training back though.

1 Like

It was a light skills session - there were no standouts good or bad. Just another day at the office really.

from the EFC website

ā€œVeteran Michael Hurley has also trained mainly with the forwards, while Patrick Ambrose, who missed the entire 2020 season with a Lisfranc injury, has been earmarked for a switch to the forward line when heā€™s back to full fitnessā€

Saw both Ambrose and Phillips in the car park before the game on Saturday night - couldnā€™t believe how lean they looked.

2 Likes

nice work jackie!

Iā€™ve missed your adventures with Tiff. I thought youā€™d hooked up with her and forgotten about us

1 Like

I wonder if Rutter is removing anyone from the backline who doesnā€™t provide rebound or who isnā€™t a particularly good kick. The best part of the Stewart back move was his awesome low foot skills.

3 Likes

Goal kicking yips are a metal issue. Handling pressure of the situation. What they need is metal side of goal kicking under pressure. In training environment usually 90% accurate.

14 Likes

Reckon goal kicking should be practiced in an environment as close to in-game as possible. It seems the pressure gets them psychologically. Practice under the presence of that pressure.

1 Like