Training 23 April 2015

The boys trained in cool, overcast conditions with a a light breeze (hope that’s enough on the weather JM?)

Not sighted at training - Myers, Hocking.

Modified training - Winders (walking laps), Cooney (walking and jogging laps), Dalgleish (running laps and spoke to Doc Reid who appeared very happy with his advancement in 4 days - Lachy indicated no pain in knee after initial warm up and was running freely), Kommer (joined in part of training session - had left knee strapped, ran speedily on leads and kicks had penetration. Then went inside hanger for reflex exercises), Carlisle (undertook initial warm up with team and then involved in leading, marking and goal kicking practice).

All others trained fully incl Zaharakis (whose right knee was lightly strapped as was Alex Browne’s and Marty Gleeson’s).

Emphasis was on stoppages work and speed of clearances. Training was sharp with good skills and players were very vocal. Hirdy’s body language and later comments suggested he was pleased with the session.

Training Plusses:
Zaharakis, Stanton, Melksham, Gleeson, Colyer. Langford’s clean hands in marking contests and ability to hit 50m targets continue to impress however his goal kicking practice accuracy at the end of the session from the left fwd pocket northern end was very average. Wouldn’t go in until he’d dobbed one! Think it took about 10 tries - maybe we’ll nickname him 10-per.

Training downside:
Don’t want to pick on KAV! but he remains slow to decide when he’s got the ball and noticeably kicked to a risky contest. Dempsey trained ok (was on Goddard) but still appears out of sorts. Undecided whether Carlisle was purposely given a light run or he’s a doubtful starter - I guess we’ll have a better idea when the team with it’s emergencies are announced.

The boys trained in cool, overcast conditions with a a light breeze (hope that's enough on the weather JM?)

Not sighted at training - Myers, Hocking.

Modified training - Winders (walking laps), Cooney (walking and jogging laps), Dalgleish (running laps and spoke to Doc Reid who appeared very happy with his advancement in 4 days - Lachy indicated no pain in knee after initial warm up and was running freely), Kommer (joined in part of training session - had left knee strapped, ran speedily on leads and kicks had penetration. Then went inside hanger for reflex exercises), Carlisle (undertook initial warm up with team and then involved in leading, marking and goal kicking practice).

All others trained fully incl Zaharakis (whose right knee was lightly strapped as was Alex Browne’s and Marty Gleeson’s).

Emphasis was on stoppages work and speed of clearances. Training was sharp with good skills and players were very vocal. Hirdy’s body language and later comments suggested he was pleased with the session.

Training Plusses:
Zaharakis, Stanton, Melksham, Gleeson, Colyer. Langford’s clean hands in marking contests and ability to hit 50m targets continue to impress however his goal kicking practice accuracy at the end of the session from the left fwd pocket northern end was very average. Wouldn’t go in until he’d dobbed one! Think it took about 10 tries - maybe we’ll nickname him 10-per.

Training downside:
Don’t want to pick on KAV! but he remains slow to decide when he’s got the ball and noticeably kicked to a risky contest. Dempsey trained ok (was on Goddard) but still appears out of sorts. Undecided whether Carlisle was purposely given a light run or he’s a doubtful starter - I guess we’ll have a better idea when the team with it’s emergencies are announced.

Great report, thanks Karmabomber.

If Jakey can’t make it, put Hurley fwd with Gwilt back.

Hopefully he makes it along with Zaka.

Hooker forward he’s going at about a goal a minute

If Jakey can't make it, put Hurley fwd with Gwilt back.

or even chuck gwilt forward and leave hurley back and swap throughout the game if needed!

Thanks heaps KarmaB.

Fingers crossed both Zaka and Carlisle make it.

It does highlight that we really do lack back up (in the right age bracket and games played) in our key forward stocks.
Having good luck with injury with our key posts is going to be vital for us this year.
Who’s that bloke who plays for Adelaide? Jenkins I think his name is? He’d be handy for us.

thanks karmabomber, that was a nice surprise to see a training report today! appreciate your efforts greatly!

If we brought in gwilt anzac day id cry. Do not mention it

Did jake appear to move okay and freely?

I don’t believe he was leading at full pace, hence my hesitation re this week. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a test “behind closed doors” tomorrow.

Thanks mate. Hopefully they are just lightening his load to make sure he’s okay for anzac day

It does highlight that we really do lack back up (in the right age bracket and games played) in our key forward stocks. Having good luck with injury with our key posts is going to be vital for us this year. Who's that bloke who plays for Adelaide? Jenkins I think his name is? He'd be handy for us.

I hope you’re mentioning we actually try to get him back as opposed to whinging that we let him go. The latter is just 46h543kj43k43ji4$£%$RJFOçVFJKDFBgfpogfopdo’gè+lòàlòà

Farking rapt Zaka seemingly fine.

And Carlisle just being managed, hopefully will be fine come game day

It does highlight that we really do lack back up (in the right age bracket and games played) in our key forward stocks. Having good luck with injury with our key posts is going to be vital for us this year. Who's that bloke who plays for Adelaide? Jenkins I think his name is? He'd be handy for us.

I hope you’re mentioning we actually try to get him back as opposed to whinging that we let him go. The latter is just 46h543kj43k43ji4$£%$RJFOçVFJKDFBgfpogfopdo’gè+lòàlòà

Wowee not sure what all that is at the end there!
Why would I be whinging that we let him go when we didn’t? We didn’t have a choice. He got poached and offered far more opportunity and money than we could have given him with Ryder, Tbell and Hille on the list. It happens. Was just noting in a tongue in cheek manner the irony of his utility to us in 2015.

How did benny bobcat train? Moving ok?

How did benny bobcat train? Moving ok?

Moved freely and was in the action. Certainly the cramping is not a problem.

I don’t believe he was leading at full pace, hence my hesitation re this week. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a test “behind closed doors” tomorrow.

How was Smack looking? Think he might come in if jake doesn’t come up.

If Jakey can't make it, put Hurley fwd with Gwilt back.

Hurley to never go forward again unless mid game change.

Backman though and through.

How was Smack looking? Think he might come in if jake doesn’t come up.

Both he and Giles were going pretty hard at the contests against Belly. If Jakey out, it may come down to which of the two provides the better balance for the team.

If no Jakey it’s time to lay The Smack down. Don’t ■■■■ with the dynamic duo down back. Better option forward and pinch hit in ruck than Gwilt.