Training 23 April 2015

Great news on Zaka, but not a real surprise. It would take something more serious to keep him out of an ANZAC day game. He lifts for those games.

Carlisle would be being managed especially after having a very limited pre-season.

Is a testament to how fit he actually is though, with little to no pre-season he has been lauded for his work rate by most people at our games.

Will be great when he is fully fit and healthy come the back end of the season as his output will sky rocket.

He needs leading and goal kicking practice the most anyway!

Who the fork is ‘the Smack’?

Would rather miss Carlisle than Zakka of its wet.

In: Dempsey, J Merrett
Out: Cooney, Carlisle

I watched a bit of training today, Carlisle was clearly being managed, let’s hope he comes up. If he doesn’t and the forecast is very wet I wouldn’t bother replacing him with either Mckernon or Giles. I’d rather play a small forward line and bring in an extra runner/contested ball winner, I think we would get more value and Joey can still play 15% game time in the ruck.

Thanks for the training report!

Who the fork is 'the Smack'?

McKernan :slight_smile:

It does highlight that we really do lack back up (in the right age bracket and games played) in our key forward stocks. Having good luck with injury with our key posts is going to be vital for us this year. Who's that bloke who plays for Adelaide? Jenkins I think his name is? He'd be handy for us.

I hope you’re mentioning we actually try to get him back as opposed to whinging that we let him go. The latter is just 46h543kj43k43ji4$£%$RJFOçVFJKDFBgfpogfopdo’gè+lòàlòà

Wowee not sure what all that is at the end there!
Why would I be whinging that we let him go when we didn’t? We didn’t have a choice. He got poached and offered far more opportunity and money than we could have given him with Ryder, Tbell and Hille on the list. It happens. Was just noting in a tongue in cheek manner the irony of his utility to us in 2015.

Absolutely correct. It was more a reference to several nuffies around here who were crying “■■■ why did we let Jenkins go, EFC so dumb blah blah”.

I watched a bit of training today, Carlisle was clearly being managed, let's hope he comes up. If he doesn't and the forecast is very wet I wouldn't bother replacing him with either Mckernon or Giles. I'd rather play a small forward line and bring in an extra runner/contested ball winner, I think we would get more value and Joey can still play 15% game time in the ruck.

I wouldn’t because that would leave Bellchambers the sole ruck and he has already shown he is spent by 3QT. Daniher has no idea in the ruck. Ambrose battles manfully but is way too short.

What happens if Bellchambers gets hurt in the first quarter?

Would absolutely bring McKernan in to replace Carlisle regardless of weather conditions. You can sub he or Bellchambers out at in the latter stages of Q3 if we look top heavy.

If you would have said to me this time last year “shaun mckernan will play for essendon next anzac day” i would have died from laughter

Thanks for that

Imo Carlisle will play. He doesn’t need a big fitness base.

Zaka was the concern. Him training means that he will play.

We will only need to replace Cooney and I would suggest it’s either Dempsey or J.Merrett

Kommer training, excellent. Maybe one day we’ll see Ambrose in the middle causing mayhem and Kommer as small defensive forward.

I’m guessing Zaka and Carlisle will both play, and that there’s a bit of smoke and mirrors going on.

In any case they will be selected and then either Zaka’s knee would have t blow up overnight or Carlisle fail a fitness test tomorrow to miss out. Carlisle will be absolutely ■■■■■■ that he missed that final, he’ll be doing everything he can to be right for Saturday.

Good report Karma Bomber - thank you for taking the trouble.

I watched a bit of training today, Carlisle was clearly being managed, let's hope he comes up. If he doesn't and the forecast is very wet I wouldn't bother replacing him with either Mckernon or Giles. I'd rather play a small forward line and bring in an extra runner/contested ball winner, I think we would get more value and Joey can still play 15% game time in the ruck.

I wouldn’t because that would leave Bellchambers the sole ruck and he has already shown he is spent by 3QT. Daniher has no idea in the ruck. Ambrose battles manfully but is way too short.

What happens if Bellchambers gets hurt in the first quarter?

Would absolutely bring McKernan in to replace Carlisle regardless of weather conditions. You can sub he or Bellchambers out at in the latter stages of Q3 if we look top heavy.

Fair enough.

In the wet I would think that both Giles or Mckernon would be a liability in the forward line as would a resting TBell. I can imagine a big 0 against the marking column and a lumbering ruckman plodding after fleet footed backmen. I agree we need to find the player who can run 10-15% ruck time to chop out Belly but so far Hird hasn’t elected to use Carlisle so I see no reason why he would now select/use Mckernon or Giles (in this scenario a direct swap for Carlisle) in a wet weather game when the extra runner/mid would be of more use. Daniher needs to improve his work on the ball so they will keep giving him the time. Belly needs to prove his endurance so he will also keep getting 80%+ ruck time. IMO.

thanks Karma

Thanks Karma. Its so good to get a heads up on whats happening ,.

Great stuff karma. You even got Jackie’s blessing.

Thanks Karma! Great report.

Cheers. Still reckon Ambrose the big bodied mid is going to happen with time up fwd. Need to get McKernan in. Won’t happen this rd tho.