Training 23 May

Not sure. But I hear he hates pretzels.

1 Like

Top grade. Below is cued to Redman screaming at a poor kid to give it to Hartley because he’s 65 out and that means he’s in easy one-step-and-kick range.

14 Likes

im sold. BRING HIM IN

1 Like

Great write up @Maxx

1 Like

Ahaha! That’s fantastic

Same would occurred with Fletch in area. He would have dobbed it though. And not in VFL.

4 Likes

Don’t reckon Hurley will play that’s ok keep him cherry ripe for Dreamtime.

I didn’t know Myer’s had a donkey.

Donkey’s can be stubborn, at least he got Langford on it in the end, hopefully he got it moving.

For a second there I thought that Davey might have been putting The Langford in his place.

Hopefully Langers gets his own back or at least gets the Draper to close the curtains on Myer’s window.

2 Likes

These stats from the EFC website (from the Geelong game) might explain Heppell’s light session:

Distance kings

1. Dyson Heppell 15.2km
  2. Patrick Ambrose 14.5
  3. Devon Smith 14.4

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-23/pace-to-burn

I don’t understand how Mc Kenna has such a beautiful action, drop and follow through at full speed that can make the ball go dead straight from 50 metres out, bounce and still maintain it’s speed and direction forward, and the majority of the team raised in this country stutter, hook, loop and highball their kicks that maintain no direction

2 Likes

Any sighting of Myers talking to coaching staff and holding photos or damning evidence?

5 Likes

Smarter than me. :+1:t3:

Irish players get their kicking techniques built from the ground up in a professional environment without 10+ years of bad habits to fix. On top of which they’re generally powerful kicks in the first place, otherwise clubs wouldn’t bother with them.

7 Likes

Also their ball drop has to be lower and guide it perfectly. Round ball, wet weather etc.

To kick their ball accurately when running straight requires technical perfection really.

It’s all about the ball drop… you see how Ablett kicks and Conor is fairly similar IMO

2 Likes

Heppell has always trained lightly I reckon

1 Like

Do you think Hurley will play? Is it common for a player to return after that type of training session?

This explanation is more than a little bit like how mountain bikers have a better pedal actions than road bikers and hence make better road bikers than pure road bikers.

This is because maintaining traction on dirt going up a hill requires a very even pedal stroke that doesn’t waste any momentum or produce energy wasting mini accelerations and decelerations which would produce skids. On the bitumen these faults are not as obviously noticeable.

The upshot of this is perhaps that in Aussie Rules, there should be kicking training at an early age using a more difficult to kick ball, or even all junior footballs should be more difficult to kick.

I wouldn’t mind for primary school aged football to be round making marking and kicking easier on a basic level, but harder at a more advanced level.

If it works for the Irish …

2 Likes

Thanks Scarey: here comes AFL-Y, played on a soccer pitch with a round ball.

Why (Y), you may ask?

…

2 Likes

Corny

1 Like

Points very well too.

Must definitely be considered as a Goddard replacement (once he retires)

:blush:

1 Like