STEINBERG VS GOLDSTEIN ROUND 1

GOLDBERG TO PLAY TOO?!?!?

Jericho 3 Goldberg 0

STEINBERG VS GOLDSTEIN ROUND 1

GOLDBERG TO PLAY TOO?!?!?
GOLDSTEIN vs STEINBERG vs GOLDBERG
Empty Synagogue Match
There's your WrestleMania main event Vince

Damn, now I want Steinberg to play to hear that chant at a full MCG… not just to say "I told youse so”.

Dell? plz?

I thought Dell was good, got a fair bit of it and  did particularly well I thought in a few one on ones in the pocket into the wind. I did think some of his kicks let him down occasionaly, but it was a difficult wind to kick into.

You may have missed it, But did you see Ambrose at all?

Any word on Alex Browne nackers ?

Yes Ambrose was out there, it took me us a little while to work out who he was, and then he changed jumpers with a differnt number to try and confuse us. He didn't seem to do as much as previously going by other reports, but was still involved and was presenting well into good positions on quite a few  occasions.

Another one who didn't play today but was doing exercises by the hanger was Carlisle.

Yes Browne played predominantly as a midfielder, was nearly always starting in the centre square setups when he was on. Another one like Kav who got a bit of it, moved well and didn't do too much wrong. EFCforever who was with me commented on him a number of times positively.

Top job nackers.

Yes Ambrose was out there, it took me us a little while to work out who he was, and then he changed jumpers with a differnt number to try and confuse us. He didn't seem to do as much as previously going by other reports, but was still involved and was presenting well into good positions on quite a few  occasions.

Another one who didn't play today but was doing exercises by the hanger was Carlisle.

Danka.

Dempsey was in the modified laps group with helped on the back oval.

Niel craig stayed on the balcony on the second level watching, didn’t come down, obviously knows not to cross my pay.

Lock zack merry in for round 1.

Hurley is my favourite player but he needs a hair cut and to turn his game around considerably, dropped marks and missed kicks, he was actually playing on the small forward most of the time too.

Zach Merrett is impressing some people, comparisons to Mitchell and Luke power…can’t wait to see him play.

Dempsey was in the modified laps group with helped on the back oval.
Niel craig stayed on the balcony on the second level watching, didn't come down, obviously knows not to cross my pay.
Lock zack merry in for round 1.
Hurley is my favourite player but he needs a hair cut and to turn his game around considerably, dropped marks and missed kicks, he was actually playing on the small forward most of the time too.

Out of interest how many players are in the modified group now and who are they tks? Sorry if it has been covered.

I wouldn’t insult merret, he has already had more hard ball gets than Luke power did in 300 games.

Modified group was only Dempsey and Heppell and then Goddard doing laps.

Buckets didn’t train, and there was big ruckman I didn’t recognize that looked injured, not bellcho

A few of my observations to add to 'Nackers' post

Our whole ground defence has improved and we all agreed that the players seemed to know where to run and position themselves in the defensive zone.  Players that worked hard defensively were Hocking, Stanton, Howlett, O'Brien, Kavangh, Browne and Z.Merrett ( who applied some very good tackles today, which i didnt see the week before)

Our transition from defence to attack has been a big improvement this pre season and i noticed Gleeson, Baguley, Aylett and Edwards using the centre of the ground to attack. Edwards also broke away from stoppage situations a few times, he glides across the ground and has a lovely kicking style.

Steinberg has improved his one on one contesting, timing of his leads, second efforts and his defensive coverage. He had various opponents today including Gregory, Fletcher and Hibberd! Kicked 4 set shot goals at least and a few in play as well.

Hooker was the best of our tall defenders all day, he had a good battle against Daniher and won most of his contests but also provided a great outlet when coming out of defence. He is one player that has improved on Bombers mantra of taking the first option.

Kommer, Jetta, Dell and Fantasia all played at times as small forwards - Dell looking the best out of the four and was hard on himself a few times making skill execution errors

Gleeson played half back/wing at times and he showed his poise and speed to break the lines  - generally used the ball well,  when he got it.

J.Merrett again impressed and i think he will be playing more on the wing this year. He has a great enginge, good burst of speed and has good decision making skills. I still think he needs to work on his kicking but that could be more due to fatigue.

Rayner runs hard and has great repeat efforts, generally used the ball well today.

Browne is one of my favs and i think he will push for more seniors opportunities this year.

Ashby had the the match up on Winderlich - Although winderlich beat him - i liked Ashby's williness to keep persisting, running out of the backline

a few times and got involved in the link up!

Buckets didn't train, and there was big ruckman I didn't recognize that looked injured, not bellcho

Wait… so assuming Ryder trained, who else rucked in the match practice (both when was on and off the ground)? Or did the match play kinda gloss over that aspect?

Buckets didn't train, and there was big ruckman I didn't recognize that looked injured, not bellcho

Wait… so assuming Ryder trained, who else rucked in the match practice (both when was on and off the ground)? Or did the match play kinda gloss over that aspect?

Thurlow and Daniher both had runs in the ruck - a few times Thurlow swapped sides i think. 

Was hard to tell, when paddy was off the ground and came back on he replaced a midfielder, maybe Jackie had a better view, but ruck division looks light, sure I saw thurlow limping but may have been wrong, I don't know him well, and I didn't have my glasses on.
There is no doubt they wear the wrong numbers mainly for opposition scouts, as it can be hard to tell who it is with the wrong number on from a distance, except for very obvious ones.
There were mismatches every where due to the way they ran the teams rotating, Hurley was on licha and even dell olio, so mainly small forwards, not a job I think he will have often. Jetta appeared to put himself on flank with no man, had a heap of it but managed to still turn it over and miss shots.

First time I have seen someone do that…what are you trying to say “twice” Lee ?