Training 7.2.14

First time I have seen someone do that.....what are you trying to say "twice" Lee ?

That I have fat fingers and it's hard to post on an iPad.

A few of my observations to add to 'Nackers' post

Our whole ground defence has improved and we all agreed that the players seemed to know where to run and position themselves in the defensive zone.  Players that worked hard defensively were Hocking, Stanton, Howlett, O'Brien, Kavangh, Browne and Z.Merrett ( who applied some very good tackles today, which i didnt see the week before)

Our transition from defence to attack has been a big improvement this pre season and i noticed Gleeson, Baguley, Aylett and Edwards using the centre of the ground to attack. Edwards also broke away from stoppage situations a few times, he glides across the ground and has a lovely kicking style.

Steinberg has improved his one on one contesting, timing of his leads, second efforts and his defensive coverage. He had various opponents today including Gregory, Fletcher and Hibberd! Kicked 4 set shot goals at least and a few in play as well.

Hooker was the best of our tall defenders all day, he had a good battle against Daniher and won most of his contests but also provided a great outlet when coming out of defence. He is one player that has improved on Bombers mantra of taking the first option.

Kommer, Jetta, Dell and Fantasia all played at times as small forwards - Dell looking the best out of the four and was hard on himself a few times making skill execution errors

Gleeson played half back/wing at times and he showed his poise and speed to break the lines  - generally used the ball well,  when he got it.

J.Merrett again impressed and i think he will be playing more on the wing this year. He has a great enginge, good burst of speed and has good decision making skills. I still think he needs to work on his kicking but that could be more due to fatigue.

Rayner runs hard and has great repeat efforts, generally used the ball well today.

Browne is one of my favs and i think he will push for more seniors opportunities this year.

Ashby had the the match up on Winderlich - Although winderlich beat him - i liked Ashby's williness to keep persisting, running out of the backline

a few times and got involved in the link up!

Agree with all of this - well summed up.

You're right about Hooker - traveling very coolly in the pre season.