Training 7 May 2015 including Pics

Not a lot to report today in cold, blustery conditions followed by the occasional appearance of sunlight…

• No shows included Cooney, Chappy, Kommer, Pears
  • Hocking showed early but then retreated into the hangar
  • Winders ran laps in a beanie and seemed to be moving freely
  • Myers ran laps at a good pace and looks fit - come on shoulder, hurry and mend!

Lots of training drills in smaller groups - tackling pressure, stoppages, movement through the corridor to leading forward targets, goal kicking.
The Langford threw a scare through the session appearing to roll an ankle however after assessment by Doc Reid, rejoined training though seemed to be favouring that foot when stretching out. Fletch was…well you know, Fletch! Just keeps on keeping on. His most stressful moment was receiving the B’day cake!

Difficult to tell from the session whether the boys are up for the fight with Freo as the session did not appear very high intensity - possibly due to the short week.

Worth noting that after each session Nick O’Brien puts in extra time running laps. If he doesn’t eventually make it as a regular senior player it won’t be through lack of effort.

Photos to follow later this arvo!

thanks karma. nice work :slight_smile:

Perhaps just trying to keep it light this week with the trip to Freo and then the 6 day turn around against North the week after, would that be your thoughts KB?

Perhaps just trying to keep it light this week with the trip to Freo and then the 6 day turn around against North the week after, would that be your thoughts KB?

I expect so. They looked stuffed after falling over the line against Saints.

Thanks for the report!

When you say ‘Myers ran laps at a good pace’ I’m going to assume he’s suddenly become a lot faster.

I’m off to the leg speed thread to tell everything our woes are fixed :slight_smile:

thanks heaps karmabomber.

god myers would be handy this week. Would like to see him go head to with mundy

It’s not new for NO’B to be doing extra laps, he’s done it in past years too. The bit I don’t understand is how he went from equal with Stanton in our pre-season runs to still-top-group-but-looking-like-he’s-about-to-die.

We needed some strong bodied quality midfield rotations this week and no Chappy, Hocking, Myers and Cooney will hurt us.

Chappy also did some running right in front of me near the cafe for a while. Shaun Edwards was out there after everyone was gone working with Lloyd and Neeld.

It's not new for NO'B to be doing extra laps, he's done it in past years too. The bit I don't understand is how he went from equal with Stanton in our pre-season runs to still-top-group-but-looking-like-he's-about-to-die.

What the knock on him at VFL level?

He always seems to rack up the touches and he’s a decent size and fit, he looked alright in AFL, surely he worth throwing in for a few games to see if he will make it?

The few senior games NO’B played were as a medium forward/midfielder. IIRC he kicked two goals on debut against Richmond.

Like Steinberg he basically hasn’t played forward at all for two years. They seem locked into positions in the VFL forever, never to escape, and neither is able to oust the AFL incumbents in those particular positions.

The few senior games NO'B played were as a medium forward/midfielder. IIRC he kicked two goals on debut against Richmond.

Like Steinberg he basically hasn’t played forward at all for two years. They seem locked into positions in the VFL forever, never to escape, and neither is able to oust the AFL incumbents in those particular positions.

I liked NO’B as a forward in those AFL games. Impressed in the final round too with another few goals against Collingwood IIRC.

Did the boys practice the game plan of wildly bombing the ball to a pack of opposition players surrounding one of our forwards?

No, you say?

hmmm…

…and now the pics
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fletch in a good mood for the 40th

Bags and Dags in a tackling drill

Watto and Zaka face off!

Hurls breaks clear

Davey M hits the track

Conor tries a “chicken wing”

Laverde breaks clear of Hibbo

Jerrett gets hold of a Hooker

…but has more trouble hooking a Heppell

Conor gets his Irish up!

Belly plays rough with The Langford

The Langford reports him to the teacher…er um the Doctor!

The Langford gets through the pain barrier (but is still omitted!)

Shaun E shows a turn of pace

Belly tries his hand against Smash

The Qwilt kicks clear of Joey (and gets rewarded with selection)

Young Will is hammed in by Zaka

Paddy and Trav fight for a piece of Zaka