Training - 8/1/18

You need to find something to do :smile:

McKenna scolling pints of Guiness in Ireland wasn’t there.

The other small defenders weren’t delivering anything of note.

McGrath with the mids. Looks like he’s becoming good mates with Darce.

4 Likes

Body language … I guess too much can be read into it sometimes but Stringer going to ground after a strenuous run says something about the blokes strength of mind and will to push himself beyond his limits. A bit like Hawthorn players finding shade on a hot day in Brissy or South Korea lying on the ground after normal time absolutely ro_ted in the Asian Cup final. Sign of frailty/weakness. Hopefully Crowe’s instruction gets the bloke thinking about how he goes about his business. Even if he is stuffed, don’t show it

2 Likes

Maybe he went to ground because he’d already pushed himself beyond his limits.

Or maybe you weren’t there, didn’t see a thing and know absolutely nothing about why he did or didn’t do something.

7 Likes

I want the players to train to exhaustion but not look exhausted.

14 Likes

I think whilst he was working hard he hadn’t pushed himself to the brink in the same way that Razzle had… That was my humble observation. Needless to say he wasn’t the only one in the ground. They all were, it’s just that he looked ready for a snooze!

Perhaps lying down was part of the training.
Subterfuge, maybe. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

Surprising lack of Langford and Mutch (Redman?)

Stiff upper lip eh wot?

Correct! Was not there and didn’t see a thing. Just an opinion ‘cause it’s something I never did. While in a team environment, whenever I saw someone look fatigued or tired I always thought, weak —— and it made me stronger. NB: I realise my point is most likely not representative of what’s going on for Stringer but thought I’d comment for the sake of further conversation.

1 Like

Got an old school mate who reckons they’re not really trying until they spew up.
Maybe colapsing with exhaustion is the next best thing.
Whatever happened to Percy Cerrutty, sand dunes, and tractor tyres?
C’mon Crowie!

1 Like

Wanted Weiderman myself so not too fussed at this stage. Talks. They take a little time to develop.

Do a zoo report, please.

4 Likes

I imagine its more to do with them monitoring their fitness and fatigue levels. To assess improving fitness and precautionery so dont get injuries, also too much endurance work makes it harder to put on weight or maintain muscle mass, so its a balance and they are doing it now better than ever.
Listening to a triathlon podcast the other day and they said the biggest difference to training now versus 15 years ago is the amount of strength work they do at the gym.

1 Like

Robert Harvey won two Brownlow Medals looking constantly exhausted.

4 Likes

How good was Robert Harvey. Would have loved him at the Dons

Has the club put Jan and Feb training dates up anywhere? I can’t seem to locate them.

No the latest they have up are the December ones: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/team/training

I thought our new “amazing” digital director from FairFax media was supposed to fix stuff like this?

But but but, I thought you NEVER heard anything up there?

1 Like