Training at Optus, Perth

Why would Bellchambers even be out? No injury, 8 days to recover, surely he plays.

1 Like

He’s hitting the Hip-E club tomorrow night.

5 Likes

Training Report -
Warm conditions at Optus Stadium with the boys training in front of a decent WA attendance. The boys came out for a gentle pre warm-up kick where John Colem…I mean Joe and Tippa entertained the crowd with an impressively lengthy round of happy-sack with the footy.

The boys were taken through a low-intensity defensive drill where 2 defenders tried to hustle and restrict the run of the 3 incoming opposition players.

Some of the boys, (Hooker/BBB/Stewart/TBC/JD) took the time for some set shots while a typical larger-scale drill took place with mids practicing their attacking run, carry and delivery to the defenders acting forward (Hurley/Harts/Brown). Hooker looked more fluent in his run-up than on screen and kicked very straight as did Stewart. Daniher drifting a couple to the left.

Heppell did not partake in the larger drills instead opting to have some balls drilled at him over a short distance, practicing both dual and single hand to mark it as he looked like he was working on his one-touch.

Merrett looked very active in a positive sign, moved positively around the ground and in good spirits. First take at Jake in person and he looks powerful… like Mal Michael’s thighs (does anyone else remember Robert Wall’s obsession with MM’s thighs in commentary?).

As I previously mentioned Belly was not participating in the running drills, kicking long distance & a lot of time in discussion with staff. Hoping he’s just bodywise and priming for a big day because I will absolutely explode if he gets going tomorrow. He’s not just a man, he’s Toemas Beechcomber.

Wasn’t all that much to report but I’ve just got itchy fingers about being able to go to a Dons game tomorrow and had to say something.

Up the Dons!

57 Likes

Seems like Belly maybe has pulled up sore perhaps from finally actually having a dip on game day

Leuey running Sandi around if it comes to it not the end of the world. Although Belly seemed to have good cohesion on the tap outs to our mids which has not been Leuey’s strength.

Is that before or after he does The VIC with WOB?

I did the VIC with WOB once and lived to type about it.

3 Likes

Always after.

Had a few nights at the Hippy club but not the Vic.

Woosha said last week that Bellchambers and Heppell don’t normally train much the day before the match.

6 Likes

belly’s also said he doesn’t train much during the year in a radio interview/podcast.

at like 70% rehab or w/e the sport scientists wanna call it

1 Like

Belly himselh has said his knee prevents training too hard between matches.

Could it be that Belly doesn’t train much pre-game?!

Hmmm not sure… would be nice to hear it from the man himself.

For any of you interstate visitors, The Vic is doing $3.50 pints at the moment!

2 Likes

If we win il get a uber to swing past the bottle o and il put on emu export for anyone here who wants to celebrate at mine

14 Likes

Wish I was going so I can say I partied with WOB. Because we will win.

1 Like

Have you checked it will be OK with your mum?

2 Likes

Thanks WesternDon and co for the reports. Great to have such a strong WA Bomber contingent. Hope the boys get up for you (and for us) tomorrow.

2 Likes

I can confirm that you’re a D*CK…

…HEAD

if someone starts a post like this…

… they may be a sliding door

5 Likes

…they may need to have their ■■■■ slammed shut in a sliding door