Training Aug 13

It is time to unleash Jetta!!

Reckon Hardingham(if fit) will come in if we have no Hurley or Carslile as he can play taller than he is. Still no compensation for the loses. 

Carslisle fell in a heap.....golf cart.

Farkity farity fark fark.

NEED him up and about, all of them.

Huh.  I guess games early in the season mattered after all.

I'm glad we'll be primed for september though, even if we don't make it, it'll  be great that we didn't waste to much energy building up early in the season.

Team selection sounds like it will be interesting. If there is a time to take risks, it is probabaly now.

We havent done it all year on player fitness but this week appears essentially an elimination final. Sadly if there was no Hurley or Carlisle can't see how we can get it done.

Hoping they play.

Yuk.

Horrible to read that report but thanks for providing it.

YIKES

Will Ambrose likely play?

Need some structure going forward

I left the sorry saga forum for some relief

Sorry I lost my whole report because my computer decided to crash so here's a recap.

Good news:

Licka trained well after being sore on Friday night.

Jobe and Ambrose looked good.

Bellchambers did the full session.

Hams joined in full training.

Bad news:

Carlisle went down in a heap.  Was looking in a bad way.  So bad they had to take him off in the golf cart. Looked more illness rather than an injury.

Hurley looks very sore and didn't train. Reckon it's his hammy he seemed botherered by the last week or so.  I don't think he will play.

Rehab:

Jerrett, Hocking, Dalgleish.   I think Buddha will play, Jerrett won't get up.

Ryder didn't train, worked mostly on bike I think.

Training:

Drills were intense today and the players rose to the challenge.

One where they had to crash into a bag and the shoot off a handball. Another where they had to handball rapidly with two guys trying to intercept.

They looked sharper in drills than full match practice where the forward line did what the forward line has been doing - not function,

Selection:

If no Hurley then you'd think Steinberg would play, probably on Lycett.  Might need Bags to play big again, this time on Darling.

Maybe Bellcho with Joe D up forward if Carlisie doesnt come up. Bellchambers and Ryder probably not the stupidest selection against NicNat and Cox.

Not much to add after reading Begbie but I'm sure JM would want me to mention the weather report

:)  Training took place in mild and sunny conditions with the majority of the 2 1/4 hour session undertaken on the Etihad Oval.

Adding to good news was that Hibberd trained freely although appeared a bit stuffed at session end. Expect him to play.

I don't believe Hurley was suffering from hamstring issues. He worked out in the Hangar for most of the session then came out to the oval looking like he'd been definitely sweating it out in whatever he had been doing.

Carlisle's issue is not major but has been destabilising his training sessions throughout the year - back spasms. Hopefully he will come up by the weekend following treatment.

The energy level was excellent and the players were noticeably vocal, particularly during match simulation when the emphasis was on moving the ball into the corridor from the flanks. Players were quick to praise their teammates when successful skills executions were observed. It was also noticeable that coaches were upping the anti on players effectively sharing the ball around to create space to move the ball forward. Given that this has been a noticeable improvement for the Eagles over the past couple of weeks, it would seem we are endeavouring to counter this for the upcoming game by being more efficient ourselves with ball use.

Ps: I understand Ryder was being given limited work to assist his recovery from the past couple of weeks.

Heppell, Licka and Zerrett were again stand outs during todays training session.

One less positive note was that Goddard was less precise in hitting targets during the session. Given his vocal responses to teammates on the same issue it is evident that he needs to demostrate these skills if he is to continue to be critical of others regarding ball delivery.

Not much to add after reading Begbie but I'm sure JM would want me to mention the weather report

:)  Training took place in mild and sunny conditions with the majority of the 2 1/4 hour session undertaken on the Etihad Oval.

Adding to good news was that Hibberd trained freely although appeared a bit stuffed at session end. Expect him to play.

I don't believe Hurley was suffering from hamstring issues. He worked out in the Hangar for most of the session then came out to the oval looking like he'd been definitely sweating it out in whatever he had been doing.

Carlisle's issue is not major but has been destabilising his training sessions throughout the year - back spasms. Hopefully he will come up by the weekend following treatment.

The energy level was excellent and the players were noticeably vocal, particularly during match simulation when the emphasis was on moving the ball into the corridor from the flanks. Players were quick to praise their teammates when successful skills executions were observed. It was also noticeable that coaches were upping the anti on players effectively sharing the ball around to create space to move the ball forward. Given that this has been a noticeable improvement for the Eagles over the past couple of weeks, it would seem we are endeavouring to counter this for the upcoming game by being more efficient ourselves with ball use.

I like this version of training a lot better!

Thanks karmabomber and begbie  :)

Will Ambrose likely play?
Need some structure going forward

Yes!

LID OFF

Sorry I lost my whole report because my computer decided to crash so here's a recap.

Hurley looks very sore and didn't train. Reckon it's his hammy he seemed botherered by the last week or so.  I don't think he will play.

At training last week they worked on his hammy quite a bit. On Friday night I thought he was reluctant to run flat out towards the end.
And today he reached for it a couple if times when walking.

Jobe, Hibberd, Bellchambers and NOB. 

This feels like 2011 game when played Pies (say round 20) when Ryder played CHB.

This feels like 2011 game when played Pies (say round 20) when Ryder played CHB.

Paddy, Hooker, Steinburg and Hurley down back? Sheiit.
Carlisle, Daniher and Ambrose down the other end.
Bellcho ruck....hmm a bit too tall I reckon.

Sick of this, every effin year seems to be ruined by injuries, every time we have a big game…injuries… @@#$@!=@/@/@@/@@/$@#! $@

Is Carlisle just a bit sick? Should be fine in a couple of days?

Is Carlisle just a bit sick? Should be fine in a couple of days?

Back spasms I think.

lol we wont win without carlise/hurley

no chance

I remember that game, I was dating a collingwood supporter at the time. At half time I was pumped and loving life. At three quarter time I wished I was deaf, blind and dating a chick who went for a different team.

Needless to say I got hammered after the game and basically ignored her for a week after.