Training august 27

The guys looked pretty sharp today.  It was a highly intense session.  Despite Carlisle's injury they had a lot of sprint drills - was making me nervous.

In the match practice, Hurley took Belly.  They had one contest where Belly outmarked him.  The big Bellcho moved better than I have seen this past month. And, importantly, I saw him jump high.

Communication continues to be one of the keys. At one stage Hibberd stuffed something up and Watson went nuts: "I didn't hear anything!  I didn't hear a word!".  Hibberd hung his head.

Of the guys who might be sore this week Hurley and Licka trained really well.

Didn't see Goddard.

Heppell didn't do any ball work but they worked his ■■■■ off making him run and run, I suspect the club is being truthful when they say the call will be made late.  He was wearing a glove over the suspect hand today.

The big Bellcho moved better than I have seen this past month. And, importantly, I saw him jump high.

Like!

The guys looked pretty sharp today.  It was a highly intense session.  Despite Carlisle's injury they had a lot of sprint drills - was making me nervous.

In the match practice, Hurley took Belly.  They had one contest where Belly outmarked him.  The big Bellcho moved better than I have seen this past month. And, importantly, I saw him jump high.

Communication continues to be one of the keys. At one stage Hibberd stuffed something up and Watson went nuts: "I didn't hear anything!  I didn't hear a word!".  Hibberd hung his head.

Of the guys who might be sore this week Hurley and Licka trained really well.

Didn't see Goddard.

Heppell didn't do any ball work but they worked his ■■■■ off making him run and run, I suspect the club is being truthful when they say the call will be made late.  He was wearing a glove over the suspect hand today.

Thanks a lot Begbie.

Hopefully Heppell gets up then.

Any sign of Hooker?

Was Hird there?

Reckon Hooker will get up - was up and about.

Hepp did some marking, but only with the good hand.

I went to my first one ever.

Communication was mainly led by Watson and Myers. I think Myers was telling the players upfield to hold (I think there weren't enough falls up ahead) and they kept moving the ball on. Myers yelled 'Didn't you hear the call'.

Myers has moved up in my book.  Really showing good leadership.

i liked how Hardingham moved.  I'd like to see him get a go as our third tall forward.  But maybe he's just a good trainer.

I also liked the look of Edwards. Not going to get a game this year, but his body shape and build is really looking promising.

I mainly watched with interest how Bomber was spending his time.  Really liked his drills with Paddy Ryder and JD. Also with Colyer and Pig (at least I think it was him).  At the end he really pushed Hams a lot in his duel with Melksham. It was basically Bomber holding footing, asking a player to run at him, releasing to the other player and they had snaps on goal while the original player runs after him.  It builds the repeat running.  Really felt for Hams because he gave his all and was totally drained.

Gregory is a good size. Had never seen him, but he's definitely KP material once he gets more meat on his bones.

Jimmy Hird was present as well.  Just quietly watching on.

That was about all I took in from the run.

Was Hird there?

He was there.

But didn't make it about himself.

yep thanks mohan2475 i forgot to mention Hooker. he looked fine.

didn't see Hird.

Glad to hear Hurley moving well. Thanks Begbie

yep thanks mohan2475, Hooker looked fine.

didn't see Hird.

Pretty sure he was in the jacket and walked up between the centre and the goals and sat on the rocks.

Pretty sure it was him.

fkn Hird, its all about him

(sarcasm for the idiots)

Did Fletch train?

Thanks for that. Liking the training reports.

Thanks guys but what about the weather conditions?

Yeah Hirdy was sitting on the rocks and enjoying watching the team play. I was half tempted to go up to him and welcome him back. Glorious weather and the whole team was in very good spirit. Heppell’s hand was still bandaged and he was sticking to running laps of the oval. Fletcher was prowling behind goals and itching to be involved, he still has the passion and desire to play which is great to see. Licha suggested we have a bbq and have a few frothies

I’ll upload photos later today.

Communication was mainly led by Watson and Myers. I think Myers was telling the players upfield to hold (I think there weren't enough falls up ahead) and they kept moving the ball on. Myers yelled 'Didn't you hear the call'.

i liked how Hardingham moved.  I'd like to see him get a go as our third tall forward.  But maybe he's just a good trainer.

I also liked the look of Edwards. Not going to get a game this year, but his body shape and build is really looking promising.

I mainly watched with interest how Bomber was spending his time.  Really liked his drills with Paddy Ryder and JD. Also with Colyer and Pig (at least I think it was him).  At the end he really pushed Hams a lot in his duel with Melksham. It was basically Bomber holding footing, asking a player to run at him, releasing to the other player and they had snaps on goal while the original player runs after him.  It builds the repeat running.  Really felt for Hams because he gave his all and was totally drained.

Gregory is a good size. Had never seen him, but he's definitely KP material once he gets more meat on his bones.

GREGORY.... I have seen nothing of him, but he is looking good*

You will all be sorry when the bandwagon is full.

*allegedly

thanks for the reports guys

Thanks everyone for the input.

Hopefully BJ’s absence isn’t something major.

GREGORY.... I have seen nothing of him, but he is looking good*

You will all be sorry when the bandwagon is full.

*allegedly
I think I'm leaning towards jumping onto the Edwards bandwagon. Not sure if he'll be a star, but I think he has something to offer.
I thought Steinberg also looks better and more comfortable as a forward. He finds space for a mark, but once he gets the ball, he seems unsure of which option to take. Fifteen years ago, he'd be a good full forward prospect.

Could Goddard have been inside?

I noticed Fletch was inside and came out for a few minutes.