Training august 27

Was Gleeson there?

Was Gleeson there?

Yep, Marty McFly was at training.

Was Gleeson there?

Yep, Marty McFly was at training.

Well did he dominate everything or not? Was he basically the Ablett of training?

Also how did Zerrett train?

Did Fletch train?

Yes. Was handling the ball with both hands in drills with Thurlow but clearly was under instructions to be careful with injured paw!

Did Fletch train?

Yes. Was handling the ball with both hands in drills with Thurlow but clearly was under instructions to be careful with injured paw!

Who dat?

Thanks for all the reports  :)

Thanks everyone for the input.
Hopefully BJ's absence isn't something major.

They did the same with him last we and we reaped the benefit on game day. Suspect they are sticking to the same strategy.

Guernsey numbers had been swapped around for training so took a little time to ascertain who wasn't there. I didn't notice Stants training but may just have not located him?

Bomba wanted me to ensure I communicated to EVERYONE that the boys trained extremely badly today! :rolleyes:

Fark Carlton!!!

Thurlow was doing ruck work with Alessio and Fletch was helping out.

It was good to see how vocal some of the boys were at training. Chappy was giving instructions whenever there was a pause in play, telling forwards like Ambrose to keep it simple when they had the ball. Jobe was particularly loud, and any thoughts of complacency this week are surely folly, as he was yelling for everyone to finish the drill even though Bomber blew the whistle. Bomber was intense and vocal, giving JD a spray when he turned the ball over too easily and within range. It's great to see his passion and love for the game, and hopefully he is around in some capacity next season. "Sticks" Gregory trained well and he was getting a lot of the ball during training, he seemed to use it well as well. Baguely and Fantasia finished the session having shots on goal, and when Fantasia slotted one from a tight angle on the boundary, and I clapped, Bagueley joined in too haha. Fantasia is a good set shot on goal, hopefully we see a lot more of him this week. Dylan Van Unen was heard saying, "footy is good when the weather is great! and it's hard to disagree with him on that :)

No worries.  On the back nine about to hit off when they reminded him to come to training.

Bomba wanted me to ensure I communicated to EVERYONE that the boys trained extremely badly today! :rolleyes:

Fark Carlton!!!

He knows you write the blitz reports?

Was Hird there?

He was there.

But didn't make it about himself.

You guys are full of it.

Hird was getting in everyone's way by simultaneously juggling footies and riding a penny-farthing while they were trying to do drills.

He was all "look at me, look at me!!" and the players were saying "Go away James, this is why Bomber doesn't want you there on game day".

Wilson was right, he's too much of a distraction. Untenable I tell you!

was a lovely day.  Shame Jefferson wasn't ready with the camera when the shirts were off though :P

was a lovely day.  Shame Jefferson wasn't ready with the camera when the shirts were off though :P

I think my ability to attend club events and future training dates would be compromised if I were to take said pictures.  ;)

Was Hird there?

He was there.
But didn't make it about himself.

Hird was getting in everyone's way by simultaneously juggling footies and riding a penny-farthing
Is there anything that man can't do ?

did we win training?

They did the same with him last we and we reaped the benefit on game day. Suspect they are sticking to the same strategy.

He actually got injured in that marking contest.  Here's the Doc's report:

hqdefault.jpg

Fark Carlton!!!

He knows you write the blitz reports?

I really didn't want to declare this Riolio, but I'm his ghost writer!! ;)

did we win training?

Just. We started well, but then let them back in it. We looked gone a couple of times but lifted near the end and just got over the line.