Training Fri 9th Feb Ocean Grove

Overcast, sprinkles of rain, winds light to variable.

Nice little crowd building. I have to head to work before the session finishes - apparently they’ll be training at 10 - but I’ll do my best to give feedback and maybe more detail later. Don’t expect a report of the quality you are used to - otherwise known as the @DJR scale - but will see how I go.

16 Likes

Sun peeking out as a few players poke their heads out of the palatial club rooms. Some cheers are heard from inside - presumably someone has told them I’m here so they can start now. I can’t keep up this pace.

12 Likes

Saad and Harts on the ground having a casual kick.

1 Like

Not great beach weather.

I was thinking of coming down early for a swim, but nope.

Easily a few hundred people here. School classrooms in the area conspicuously empty.

1 Like

Where in Ocean Grove? Folks live down there and my old man might want to check them out.

Ray Menzies oval.

Cheers.

Zimmer posting 30 mins before training starts was a brave call to keep the interest levels up. If it wasn’t for the weather and Serenity’s inquiry I’d say it was a tad early. But points for taking the board on.

4 Likes

Daniher in the modified group with Burger and a group of rookies. All in sneakers so definitely not taking part. Panic dollars still available.

Main group warming up.

Made the time pass more quickly.

(And I thought - am sure - it said 9 am start on the email. )

I also doubt much will be gleaned from the session with the intraclub tomorrow - but hey I’m here!

2 Likes

Pretty straight forward drills at the moment. Hepp warming up on the side - late for some reason.

Low pressure. Very much a clinic.

Stringer to Saad to Zerrett goal is nice to watch.

Goal kicking now. Always surprises me that we don’t practice the set shots with a man on the mark.

1 Like

Jumper numbers update pls

are the players wearing hats?

2 Likes

Wow. Players already heading to the boundary to sign stuff and pat dogs.

They are training near a school? GET STRINGER OUT OF THERE ASAP

5 Likes

25 % hat wearers.

Numbers accurate.

Zimmer indifferent.

4 Likes

If you google that location, follow Shell Road out east and you come across a circular dried up lake bed, zoom in on that, and well, juveniles…! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hepp has set a dangerous precedent, taking individual photos. Security is stepping in. More contact than during the whole training session.

Lavender signs a footy. Just thought I’d give him a mention.

Seriously good turn out.