Training Friday 10/1

Bryan in training. I didn’t sight Jones

2 Likes

When Mosquito makes his debut my love will be torn!

thought that might’ve been him in the Hanger entrance in the Walla photo

1 Like

Pretty sure jones is out there. (Black hat on backwards) Not sure how slim he was when drafted but he’s very slight. Bryan is much heavier and is looking a lot more afl ready at this stage.

1 Like

Big Tommy B struggling in a modified group running drill, Flip Phillips looking much much fitter

2 Likes

Heppell still has his mop for now. I counted 32 competing in the main full ground drills earlier. Pretty muggy overcast day here.

1 Like

Joey to shave Hepp?

no bucket hat, no deal.

5 Likes

Looking very tasty during the boxing training too

1 Like

Dev looking sharp as a tack. Massive in this year.

19 Likes

He’ll be frothing out the mouth to play some games

Training has finished, let the cutting begin

7 Likes

Bellcho is cooked

1 Like

Pretty light training session as expected. Looks like it’s finishing up now. Gleeson, Belly, Phillips and Dev stayed out on the ground for a bit of extra skills training. Most of the drills today were broken up into smaller groups for short sharp skills sessions. Good to see so many fans here supporting the boys.
Just a few mentions.
Hurley Is looking very fit and up and about.
Dev looks back to his original self.
Raz has bulked up slightly and is looking fit.
I’m pretty sure it was Begley who was looking very fit and sharp.
Phillips looks pretty agile for a tall bloke whose capable around goals and will play a lot of afl this season given our lack of tall forwards.
IMO I think Bryan is going to be our best recruit this season but it’s obviously early days.

Just further re drills

One of the drills started in the centre square. Approx 6 attackers and 2 defenders. Drill was focusing on 1 attacker getting the football and drawing a defender before dishing the ball off to a spare player who went on to have a kick at goal. It was good to see the focus was on kicking the goal. Dev and Raz did well.

Another drill were four groups competing against each other in front of the other goals. Four competing players would lay flat on the ground with their team mate standing approx 30 metered away. The player had to jump to their feet quickly and hit a leading target. Which appeared to be focusing on quick dynamic ball movement.

51 Likes

And has been for a couple of years. We got the odd quarter, the odd match but zero consistency. It could work if we run the two rucks (any combo of Phillips, Bellcho and big Sammy) while JD and Hooker are not available.

3 Likes

Merret and Hooker did they train?

I didn’t see Merritt or hooker but they may have been training with the rehab group out the front of the hanger. Most of the players had hats on with jumpers with no numbers so they may have been there.

1 Like

jake stringer looks very fit.

1 Like

Bigggg Red Phillips

Did anyone see nigel or any other boys trying out for the last spot?

1 Like