Training Friday 11/11/16

Yestin Eades update pls?

I noticed that Yestin was really upbeat and trying his best to get involved. His skills were a bit off e.g. he snapped the ball for goal about 10 times and I don’t think any of them came off. However it’s good that he hasn’t dropped his head and seems to be giving it all he’s got.

Did anyone get a photo of Joe getting piggybacked by Walla?

Just for you Ben

Bwahahahaha

Earlier in the piece Longy had tried to run through a Hocking tackle which was a big mistake.

You only make that mistake once

Gold!!

Thanks JM

Earlier in the piece Longy had tried to run through a Hocking tackle which was a big mistake.
He practiced that mistake in the VFL a lot.
Yestin Eades update pls?

Hambo summed it up pretty well - trying hard in a difficult situation but did nothing in particular to warrant going back on the list at this stage.

Thanks again Jackie. really entertaining as usual.

He practiced that mistake in the VFL a lot.

Well hopefully Hocking hurt him enough that he’ll learn his lesson this time :lol:

You don’t know how nice it is reading these training reports with names like Watson, Heppell, Stanton, Howlett, Hooker, Hocking again. :slight_smile:

You don't know how nice it is reading these training reports with names like Watson, Heppell, Stanton, Howlett, Hooker, Hocking again. :)

Don’t forget the other 2 names that I am really salivating about…Trav Colyer and a fully fit Myers.

Thanks Jackie, great stuff

“Footscray’s handball in the finals as their bullet like, forward hand passes under pressure in the packs was some of the best innovation we have seen since Teddy Whitten’s flick”

Not to mention the backwards over the head throw handpass that seems to come off around 90%of the time. Phenomenal in that finals series. They’ve somehow managed to eliminate a great portion of the risk in risky football. One of our biggest issues will be second guessing between the 2016 and 2017 sides, good to hear they’re making it a focus - as if they wouldn’t.

Morgan and Redman?

Morgan and Redman?

Redman trained quite well in the rotation exercise of the forward talls. I would look for steady, incremental improvement from him as he builds a fitness base to go with his capability to produce those ‘special’ moments that we have witnessed such as the famous "don’t argue’.

I wasn’t watching Morgan a great deal but someone mentioned a “bullet pass” he did the other day and I saw another example of it on Friday. Apart from injuries his capacity to adjust to the physical aspects of the game may have been holding him back so another solid preseason with some work in the gym should increase his confidence in this area.

Morgan and Redman?

Yeah they were both there and trained very strongly. I was particularly impressed with Morgan. He just has more presence and confidence at the moment than it appeared he has had in the past. He was very vocal and in one instance was loudly encouraging Longy, Tippa and Stewart when they were competing in their repeat 200m sprints. Also Morgan did some very nice pin-point kicks in the full ground drill which I was pleased to see, some to the leading forwards and another one I remember which went in-board to open play up. Moving well also.

Redman I can’t see did a heap that stood out. They are sort of playing him close to goals, almost like a pseudo tall fwd.

Hopefully gunstan like Houli.

Hopefully gunstan like Houli.

Yeah look if he can turn out half the player he is I’d be happy.

We are going to have plenty of options to roll through our forward line next season which is exciting.

Lav, Lang, Jobe, and to a lesser extent Redman due to our increased depth, could really stretch defences at times playing as that 3rd/4th forward. They’re all around that 190cm mark and have an aerial presence to match their smarts and skill at ground level.

Morgan and Redman?

Yeah they were both there and trained very strongly. I was particularly impressed with Morgan. He just has more presence and confidence at the moment than it appeared he has had in the past. He was very vocal and in one instance was loudly encouraging Longy, Tippa and Stewart when they were competing in their repeat 200m sprints. Also Morgan did some very nice pin-point kicks in the full ground drill which I was pleased to see, some to the leading forwards and another one I remember which went in-board to open play up. Moving well also.

Redman I can’t see did a heap that stood out. They are sort of playing him close to goals, almost like a pseudo tall fwd.

Redman is listed at 187, but appears to have grown slightly taller, looking at him in a video alongside Laverde. I think he will end up around 190

Bulldogs won the premiership with their superior game plan !why not have Greg William teachers us how to hand passing. he was the master of hand passing ,why not copy bulldog game Plan.

Looking forward to Williams being cornered by the media after the next training session, and he gets to declare Jobe a far fairer man than he ever was.