Training Friday 13/01/2017

G'day from SA. Nice work everyone who is keeping us updated with training news. Any news on Dea? Is he looking like part of the team or are Gleeson and McKenna ahead of him?

Thats an interesting point. Without even looking at their training performance, I suppose it depends on how they are going to structure the defence . Conor is a running player with excellent disposal and we do need attacking players like him in the team . The strength of the other 2 is the ability to intercept mark and they have been playing as defenders for years and know their craft. Conor has a weak point in the defensive area, and might take some time to get the hang of “Team Defence” , setting up a wall / press and his role within it, rather than just following his man back into defence as he did last year.

Long reminds me of Fyfe tbe way he moves and plays.

And Jackson Merrett is like a Leigh Matthews clone

More Kelvin Matthews, Larry Watson mould.

Draper wasn’t doing a lot

Can we have all future training reports in a new subforum of its own with this title please @Riolio

Feel like “hasn’t anyone given draper something to do?” Is the new “hasn’t Joe been booked in for surgery yet?”

“How many day off Draper Have?”

I’m not seeing this at all.

The way he runs sometimes i see fyfe. Long limbs. Even the way he gets up when he’s on the ground with his knees together at times.

I’m probably weird haha.

The way he runs sometimes i see fyfe. Long limbs. Even the way he gets up when he’s on the ground with his knees together at times.

I’m probably weird haha.

I’ve noticed that they have had similar hair styles at times.

Well, they’re both human males - there is that.

I’m probably weird haha.

It may be the ratio of body length, legs to torso.
Just trying to help you out.

I’m probably weird haha.

I’m sorry mate, but that’s the worst comparison I’ve ever heard

I’m probably weird haha.

Sounds like a challenge…

I’m probably weird haha.

I’ll pay that, But if people start seeing it from here on in it will become one of the greatest early calls of all time. Not holding my breath however. :slight_smile:

I’m probably weird haha.

His play in the training video just posted made me think of Fyfe again. :smile:

Well, they're both human males - there is that.

I don’t reckon you’d compare me to either of them if I was trying to do the same thing.

Even if it’s drawing a long bow to compare him with Fyfe , Longy has improved enormously since this time last year. It’s almost like the 2 games he played at AFL level in 2016 enabled him to believe that he could play at the level. AFL best 22 2018.

I’m probably weird haha.

His play in the training video just posted made me think of Fyfe again. :smile:

Is it because he has a pony tail?