Training Friday 13/2/15

Soft Tissue

Word from the Bomber Cafe' - The coaches feel the squad are training at a level that far exceeds anything seen in Hird's 4 (5) years at the club.

Wow. " far exceeds" is great. What I want to hear is the consistency of the squad far exceeds the last 4-5 years. Put those together and its see you in the 4th week of December.September lol

Quoted Post

Training in warm, windy conditions on the McCracken Oval. Zerret was outstanding again setting up play all over the ground with precise kicking and excellent reading of the play. Karma Bomber predicts he will play midfield this year and I doubt that anyone would disagree with that.

Love seeing this!!!

Thanks again JM

Quoted Post

How was Cooney today JM?

Does there seem to be much concern over Carlisle at this stage? Considering he hasn’t participated in full training in a long time. Same goes for the rest of the modified group.

Great report as always.

It’s pleasing to hear that we are fitter then we were last year at this stage, now we just have to find a way to maintain it throughout the season whilst showing up for games each week.

Cooney was fine - seems to fit in very well.

Carlisle - depends how you look at it. The club says we are being conservative which if you were being uncharitable might mean “we still haven’t fixed it.” Personally I am concerned but what would I know? - I guess we have to trust the medicos but one thing is for certain is that he has missed many weeks of match practice at training.

Quoted Post

I like Fantasia. Curious who and why you are asked to watch him. Maybe not this year but a little more in his frame and he could be a very useful player IMO.

EFC4ever asked me to report on him - no specific reason given.

Quoted Post

Thanks JM, loving the intra club hit out info.

Can you give us a glimpse of how Jackson Merrett went? with Zach tearing it up, must be motivation for him.

& McKenna, does he look to be improving his reading of the play and running patterns?

I didn’t notice anything in particular about Jerret today. He has built up a bit from last year and has looked confident in the sessions so far.

McKenna was starting from a zero base so he has definitely improved. I think he has improved greatly in all areas including kicking and reading the play. In previous discussions I have used Quinn as a comparison. Having said all this he will need a full season in the VFL at the very least.

Thanks JM.

Earlier in pre-season you (or other training watchers) made comments to suggest the players aren’t concerned at all about the off-field stuff. How were the spirits today after a heavy week of negative press?

I read of Zerret, but I see Mercuri.

Quoted Post

I read of Zerret, but I see Mercuri.

Yeah, but it looks like there is some Johnson there as well, both JJ and Mark!

Thanks so much guys.

Carlisle sounds fkd. “Still a while yet” and last week we were told he’s only 2 weeks ofd. LOL

Thanks heaps for reports guys. Mendozzza should shout you all to the hookers

Great reports, thanks again.

Quoted Post

Thanks JM.

Earlier in pre-season you (or other training watchers) made comments to suggest the players aren’t concerned at all about the off-field stuff. How were the spirits today after a heavy week of negative press?

I’ve no way of knowing how they feel but they are going about their training in a very positive manner and the decision for none of the 2012 listed players to play NAB Cup seems to indicate solidarity.

On the other hand there seemed to be more laughs when Bomber was coach which indicated high spirits.

Talk is good amongst them at training and perhaps greater competition for spots means that training is a more serious matter.

Quoted Post

Thanks JM.

I was there for 2 hours. I think Jake Carlisle is very frustrated and wants to be on the track and shows it in his body language. Apart from him I could not detect one iota of depressed spirits in the group. They were hard at it and loving it.

Honestly believe if we are cleared at the tribunal we will finish top 4. Just the psychological boost would be enormous. It’s like when you have a cold and get back to normal, normal feels unbelievable!

They’ve been dragging the anchor for 2 years, once free, see the bombers fly up, up!!!

Z.Merrett incredible first year and looks likely to show the footy world his all round midfield game in his 2nd year. Hopefully the coaches still play him as small forward rotation for stints through middle, rather then starting midfield/resting forward. I hope they also manage his year which should include matches as sub or even rested if needed.

Thanks, Cuddles.

The AFL must be so ■■■■■■ we got him so late.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
How was Cooney today JM?

Does there seem to be much concern over Carlisle at this stage? Considering he hasn’t participated in full training in a long time. Same goes for the rest of the modified group.

Great report as always.

It’s pleasing to hear that we are fitter then we were last year at this stage, now we just have to find a way to maintain it throughout the season whilst showing up for games each week.

Carlisle - depends how you look at it. The club says we are being conservative which if you were being uncharitable might mean “we still haven’t fixed it.” Personally I am concerned but what would I know? - I guess we have to trust the medicos but one thing is for certain is that he has missed many weeks of match practice at training.

Thanks JM.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
How was Cooney today JM?

Great report as always.

Thanks JM.

I wouldn’t be too concerned. He is fit. The medico’s know that putting unnecessary stress on a tendon worry is crazy. Jake obviously feels ok to go and is getting frustrated as nothing worse than feeling fine and being kept in rehab.

So he is missing out on match practice…big deal. He goes to the meetings and its not as if he doesn’t know how to play.

Round 1 pre game tactical meeting address from Hirdy. Righto fellas…just kick it long to Jakey

So he is missing out on match practice…big deal.

It actually is a big deal, for any player, but with Buckets still learning to ply his trade in a FWD context, even more so.

By now he should have practiced patterns, & rehearsed what he is still learning in match sim. The more he does it at this point,& the sooner he does it, the better.

so good & extremely helpful to read these reports. I’m now living in Perth & missing watching training & club contact. Keeps me in the loop & connected. Cheers & thanks again, much appreciated.