Training Friday 16th December 2022

Can’t like this post.

11 Likes

Thanks @CJohns any negatives you noticed, just to keep expectations tempered for the natives?

2 Likes

The turkey from the cafe was a little dry

20 Likes

Another top notch report and it isn’t even my birthday! Thanks Chris. Lid off and blown away on the light breeze. Better tie those dogs down, before they take off.

We had a thread for this sort of thing but it became too popular and jumped the shark. I think it was the last training thread actually.

Thanks for the reports, haven’t been this pumped since 2013

6 Likes

@CJohns does Voss look big enough to be a key forward??

lets hope he doesn’t get up to the same off field antics as his brother Sam

the club site has him listed as one at the moment.

6 Likes

No obvious negative. For me Parish has looked like he is going through the motions sometimes but he is in out of modified so i sense he has something he is working through. Just not moving as well as i am use too from him. Hobbs needs to keep working on his kicking if he wants to break into midfield. Last two sessions he has sprayed the ball around. He is finding the ball fine saying that.

16 Likes

I think so. He wont be a pack mark type saying that. Getting better on the lead and contesting when ball hits the ground

3 Likes

Does this mean I meant to know who Sam and Nick Murray are?

28 Likes

Jones, Baldwin, Voss, Weideman are all fighting for spots, 1 or perhaps 2 will play in the same team as Wright and Stringer, the guy who shows defensive pressure would be at the top of my list, we need that from our big guys.

2 Likes

194cm and 93kg is plenty big for a key forward if he has the right attributes.

They don’t all have to be 200cm, 105kg monsters.

4 Likes

@CJohns Did Perkins play? Where? and was he finding the ball?

34 Likes

Black sounds the stronger team. Was there anything to be gleaned from who was playing for which? Presumably Tsatas was red?

No was in modified group but he did note its just a minor niggle. Did a lot of running laps only with Langford

6 Likes

At what point is the club going do something about the wind (i.e. build some protection).

Is it ever that windy at the G or at marvel? No.

So why train in those conditions?

Obviously impossible to judge but it could be a contributing factor to our poor on-filed results since moving to the hangar

15 Likes

Tsatas was on red team and lined up on Merrett. Tbh probably edged him slightly today. Merrett training to real game day however is always very different

8 Likes

Nevertheless, that is super encouraging.

Can’t remember the last time our first pick stood out in the match sim instantly.

1 Like