Training Friday 2/2/18 - Live Coverage

Don’t waste your time mate. There’s a certain percentage of Essendon fans that hate Goddard despite all he has done for us, clearly he is one with his Jerret comment. No matter that all the proof says Goddard is an amazing player for us since getting here.

You can usually identify them early by comments about pointing or pretzels or some other inane crap.

14 Likes

The funny part is, they came out with the right answer, but their own ratings system rates Hurls as below average.

If it wasn’t funny, you could say they lack integrity.

Its because basically Hurls scored roughly the same points as his 2015 season in 2017, so they cancel each other out and he remains about the same ranking. If he repeats his 2017 efforts in 2018, that should take his total points to roughly 470 over the two years (rather than 235) and into the 3rd place for key defenders.

It’s based on the past 40 rounds in the AFL… not the past 40 rounds of a player.

Hurls has played half of the past 40 AFL rounds.

1 Like

I love Goddard and I think the whole pretzel incident enhanced his reputation for mine.

We need more people that give a ■■■■.

25 Likes

Agreed. If we’re not having beer, don’t put these damn pretzels near me.

2 Likes

The reaction from Heppell was priceless :grinning:

Blitz.

Does anyone know if Setterfield has signed a new contract ?
I tend to agree that he has something special about him and I know he is a massive Bomber supporter. It would be good to get him home.

I recall that Setterfield signed a contract extension last year. I can’t remember how long it was for, but I do remember being disappointed because I had similar thoughts about maybe getting him at the end of his initial contract.

Definitely re-signed

Would expect he may just move into Kennedy’s spot as outgoing bench inside mid. But with Coniglio, Griffen & Taranto back as well how they manage that will be interesting.

If he ends up still on fringes or in NEAFL there will be Vic clubs a plenty coming after him. As a mad keen EFC supporter as a kid & Disco’s long game work already done we’d be right in the frame.

4 Likes

Like contracts actually mean anything…

2 Likes

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/2X/5/5f572f4adbc450256dcfa20b204e6302fd3eb961.jpg

In further good news, there is now a solid supply of “the Big Issue” at the Hangar these days

12 Likes

I guess you can’t have everything…

Who is Scorch?

I don’t know how much he wants to share with the forum, I’ll leave that to him to expand upon if he wants to, but he went to a significant number of games in the NEAFL last year and would have seen most players on a number of occasions

IMG_6346

Ah, ok. I thought it might be a nickname I wasn’t aware of for one of the coaches, or someone associated with the club.