Training Friday 21/11/14

Training in mild, cloudy conditions on both ovals.

Colyer marks, unhesitatingly wheels and kicks to the Giles lead, mark, goal! That’s a highlight I hope we see repeated many times in 2015. Colyer was outstanding today kicking a banana grubber from the boundary line and snapping a goal from a turnover fumble.

The mood today was upbeat and relaxed with the return of the Senior players although some were absent for the Irish game and among the others absent were Gleeson, O’Brien, Hocking and the Irishman. Kommer appeared right at the end of training looking very proppy and the club appears pretty tight lipped about his injury.

Myers and Carlisle ran laps deep in discussion and Tommy B also spent a lot of time running but all three looked pretty fit. Pears mainly did boxing steadily moving the trainer with the boxing pads backwards around the boundary as he slammed into his pads much to the admiration of the lady supporters sneaking covert glances at his biceps.

Talking of biceps Lloydy arrived towards the end of training with a long sticking plaster on his right forearm. Covering a tatt? (If he had a tatt what would it be.)

He took Joe aside for goal kicking practice Whitchurch was being filmed. Joe is bigger and stronger this year and I was told that he excelled in the running drills on Monday bringing a lot of the smaller players along with him as he led from the front.

The emphasis today was on quick ball movement using both full ground and half ground drills. Hardy took training on the smaller oval clad in a black track suit not deigning to wear a greens vest like his assistants. Fair enough he is the head coach. The battle between forwards and backs was intense with lots of talk and advice E.g. When the ball was coming into the forward line the defender was told “if your man’s too dangerous step off him and cover the space” was the coach’s advice and when Melsham failed to jump for a spoil a senior player pointed out his error in plain language.

Giles, Gwilt and Cooney all moved well which is encouraging. There is a problem however with rabbits disturbed by the construction at the rear of the complex moving onto greener pastures - the ovals. Ferrets may be required. This put me in mind of a player called Copping that we had in the early eighties. Tried to clear out a Warren on his farm by strapping explosives to a mixo rabbit expecting it to run back to it’s burrow but it ran under his ute instead and blew it up.

Overall a good session today full of promise.

Fantastic report Jackie.

Did Lloyd spend any time with Carlisle or is he just working with Joe?

Slightly left field delisting Hardingham so they can make him head coach.  I know he has a reasonable football brain but still ...

The emphasis today was on quick ball movement using both full ground and half ground drills. Hardy took training on the smaller oval clad in a black track suit not deigning to wear a greens vest like his assistants. Fair enough he is the head coach. The battle between forwards and backs was intense with lots of talk and advice E.g. When the ball was coming into the forward line the defender was told "if your man's too dangerous step off him and cover the space" was the coach's advice and when Melsham failed to jump for a spoil a senior player pointed out his error in plain language.

Fantastic report Jackie.

THE JOE SHOW. MAKING IT ALL ABOUT HIMSELF.

Carlisle seemed to be on an amended program. well running laps and kick to kick with myers.

Also swear Mckenna was out there.

anyone know who that really tall skinny guy was?

Thanks for the report. Curious to know how Edwards is tracking and what position he is being played in. He has been moved all over the place and I think it is time to settle him into a clear role.

Thanks for the reports.

Carlisle seemed to be on an amended program. well running laps and kick to kick with myers.

Could it have been Tagliabue?  I know he's on the permission to train list.

Giles, Gwilt and Cooney all moved well which is encouraging. There is a problem however with rabbits disturbed by the construction at the rear of the complex moving onto greener pastures - the ovals. Ferrets may be required. This put me in mind of a player called Copping that we had in the early eighties. Tried to clear out a Warren on his farm by strapping explosives to a mixo rabbit expecting it to run back to it's burrow but it ran under his ute instead and blew it up.

Hahahaha! Did that really happen?

Wasn't he a bit more solid than a pole?

Fantastic report Jackie.

I just saw him with Joe but he might do more work with others later in the day.

Tagliabue the Vfl ruck man. Needs goal kicking practice missing three out of four when I was watching.

Fkn kommer

Thanks for the report. Curious to know how Edwards is tracking and what position he is being played in. He has been moved all over the place and I think it is time to settle him into a clear role.

Mainly defence but it's too early in the pre season to make any meaningful comment.

when Melksham failed to jump for a spoil a senior player pointed out his error in plain language.

Hahaha, just like most supporters on gameday.

Wasn't he a bit more solid than a pole?

Still only young.  Not many 21-ish year old ruckmen are built like tanks.

Dempsey is fkg fat.
legit beer gut.

Hurley has dreadlocks.
nfi what these lads do in the off season

Giles, Gwilt and Cooney all moved well which is encouraging. There is a problem however with rabbits disturbed by the construction at the rear of the complex moving onto greener pastures - the ovals. Ferrets may be required. This put me in mind of a player called Copping that we had in the early eighties. Tried to clear out a Warren on his farm by strapping explosives to a mixo rabbit expecting it to run back to it's burrow but it ran under his ute instead and blew it up.

Hahahaha! Did that really happen?

Cracked up. 

That's a crack up too. How many of them with Goddard's jumper on?