Training Friday 28/11/14

this is the joe video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBgV8jkPoE&feature=youtu.be

also, forgot to mention

saw Browne running a few laps.  doesnt look good.  he was complaining 'it just feels like ■■■■' and was then stretching his quads and hammys.  later on reidy was walking laps with someone and i heard him say 'brown pinged his hammy out of the box.  took off to hard and we wont know how bad until his MRI this afternoon'.  not hard to read between the lines on that one.

Training reports now come with videos! Fantastic

f6a03c5b-9887-4fbb-9853-f9fc56e39f4f_zps
Lloyd and Carlisle keep a close eye on Joe's set shot
4261081c-ff9c-4488-be7f-6d7ec67ab8a8_zps
Having emerged from his bubble, Buddha ran a few laps
dd90988a-e69e-40da-9e70-3c10840236bd_zps
Myers ran a lot of laps today. 

Joe was looking particularly good in general play, looks more agile and sure of himself, taking a few good marks on the lead to Hurley's frustration.  Gradually coming to terms with the huge frame he has. 

Stanton looked pretty lively and Chappy doesn't look set to retire any time soon.  Dalgleish made a few nice low passes; we might get to see a bit more of him this year.

The word on Laverde is that he's a good runner with plenty of pace and a lovely sidestep.  Great mark too.

Thanks for the training report! :)

this is the joe video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBgV8jkPoE&feature=youtu.be

also, forgot to mention

saw Browne running a few laps.  doesnt look good.  he was complaining 'it just feels like ****' and was then stretching his quads and hammys.  later on reidy was walking laps with someone and i heard him say 'brown pinged his hammy out of the box.  took off to hard and we wont know how bad until his MRI this afternoon'.  not hard to read between the lines on that one.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Browny !

I just love these reports  :)

Browne. ■■■■■■ hell. I reckon he has played less games in a row than even Gumby.

I don't have much to add as Jackie has it all covered, but here are a few thoughts:

-Joe's marking looked really good. When he kicked a goal, the whole team shouted "yeah Lloydy!"

-Lloyd spent a lot of time with Joe and Buckets working on Joe's goal kicking.

-There was a drill where Hirdy would begin the play by throwing up the ball to a ruckman, who had three teammates to tap to and three 'opposition' players. The aim was for the midfielders on the ruckman's team to move the ball forward quickly and effectively from the contest. Cooney or Heppell roved the ball 5 out of 7 times by my count. Those two are going to be a pleasure to watch in the midfield next year.

-In one case, T-bell tapped the ball straight down an opposition player's throat. Hirdy stopped the play and asked "why didn't Tommy know where anyone was?" The players all agreed that they weren't talking enough and were much more vocal for the remainder of the drill. Heppell and Chappy were standouts in this regard.

-Chappy did a bit of goal kicking practise with young Long, with emphasis on putting pressure on him to kick quickly. "You only get 2 or 3 steps to steady in an AFL game, you've got to kick quickly."

-Zakka and Raz had a goal kicking competition at the end. Orazio won a game of scissors, paper, rock, and thus kicked first. The loser owes the other dinner  :lol:

We are littered with leaders!

TEAM.

Browne. ■■■■■■ hell. I reckon he has played less games in a row than even Gumby.

Very common for players coming of a knee reco to do a hammy during rehab. Won't set him back much.
Let's hope so. I like the way he plays the game and just want to see him get a decent run at it.

Very common for players coming of a knee reco to do a hammy during rehab. Won't set him back much.
Let's hope so. I like the way he plays the game and just want to see him get a decent run at it.

agreed
i called him when i saw him in his very first NAB cup game. Fairly certain he hasnt had a win in a bombers guernsey either

Hopefully they sharpen up their ball movement and soon. We shouldn't wait until the new year to start working on that sort of thing. 

more emphasis should be placed on that they are actually finishing drills by taking shots at goal.

More emphasis should be placed on that they are actually finishing drills by taking shots at goal passing the ball to McKenna.

more emphasis should be placed on that they are actually finishing drills by taking shots at goal.

I totally agree.  There was actually a short (too bloody short) exercise where they bolted down the middle and the attacking team had an extra player.  The attackers were trying to draw the defender onto the potential handball or short pass receiver which meant that the bloke with the ball was able to do a runner.  It worked really well, goal every time.

How is cooney moving /looking at training?

Looked great to me.

COOOOOOON

Apologies for being a couple of days late but here were some pics I snapped on my phone last Friday.

Captain Tree Trunks

Boys about to do some 'skipping'