Training Friday 4th Dec

Ventured out to Windy Hill…I mean True Value Solar Centre, and must say what I saw brought a massive smile to face.

First off I am a Hirdy fan. So it was weird seeing Woosha out in the middle. But something I noticed was the chatter wasn’t about ‘The Saga’ or how is Hirdy handling this or anything like that. For the first time in many years it just felt like any other footy club. As they say, it actually felt like ‘clean air’.

This session was brutal. 2 Hours broken down to 15 minute blocks. After about an hour or so the news guys separated and did their own thing.  
Ben Doolan and myself spent most of the time watching the young fellas but before I get to that here are some notes on others. Please feel free add.

- Kommer looks shot. He just looks lame. Even running on the boundary.
- Hibberd did bits and pieces on the sidelines. looks slightly ‘soft’. Compared to me he looks solid as a rock.  
- Hooker is a beast. So competitive and big. Bigger year coming up I reckon. Was used as a forward in the drills.
- Edwards basically exploded every time he got the ball. He is taking the game on at every opportunity.  
- Langford and Laverde look like beasts. From the way they ran around to me it feels like the have confidence and they think they belong.
- Tbell looks in ripping shape.
- Jobe was one of the boys again and as usual in great shape.
- Zakka. Well not sure what anyone else thought but to me he was fumbly and complaining a lot. Was often last back in the huddle.

So to the kids. Jeez it’s exciting.

Parish is a Rolls Royce. If he was standing in a group and I pointed him out and said ‘that kid is the 5th best players in Australia for his age’ you wouldn’t believe me. Did a full length drill with the mature guys and was a bit fumbly and was dirty on himself. As the older guys were going through their paces the young guys were watching on the sidelines when Darc remarked “Thank ■■■■ we are not still out there doing that ■■■■.” It was brutal in the end.
At one stage right in front of us he was standing on the fence 2 meters behind the goals and dribbled the ball around and it went through. He celebrated with a simple fist pump to himself. Kid is class.

Redman is a small BJ. Looks the same, acts the same. Was very vocal on the sidelines yelling out to the older fellas “C’mon Hooksey” 'Go again Bags".
Did goal kicking on the other oval with Eades.

Francis. Big Boy. Monster thighs. They are working on his tank. He ran 200s with Morgan until he nearly threw up. Morgan basically lapped him.
When the young guys were separated and they did tap work you could just see his hunger to get the ball and he was physical in doing so.

Yesten Eates. Wow. This kid has size, speed, and is beautiful with his goal kicking and disposal. Look out for an early year appearance. 

I could keep going but will leave it to others.
 

Black Kavanagh said:
Barnz said:
Hopefully they factor in some wet weather training.
Turn the farking sprinklers on.



Endquote 


They were on just before training, actually. 

You must have been standing right next to me today haha 

Keep going 

talk verde to me

Surely Tippa?

Great write up Ant.


Jobe seems leaner than recent years in photos. True?

Cheers ant.
If Hooksey is up forward how did Brown and Hartley look as defenders?

Gotta admit I’ve been in the Hooker defense camp but a duo of Hooker/Daniher  fit and firing does excite

Gach looked very impressive in all aspects. 

HYPE

Great report, except for the last line… I want more :smiley: 

I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.

Who is this Esten Yates you speak of?

jonovdp said:
I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.
The thing about Yesty is he isn't competing against anyone for the spot he plays

Lid off!

Yesterday… premierships seemed so far away…
Now they’re back and they’re here to stay.



P.S. Yesty > Yesterday

This time 2014 :  - Tbell looks in ripping shape.

benfti said:
jonovdp said:
I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.
The thing about Yesty is he isn't competing against anyone for the spot he plays
What is this mysterious invisible spot of which you speak?
samwoods said:
benfti said:
jonovdp said:
I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.
The thing about Yesty is he isn't competing against anyone for the spot he plays
What is this mysterious invisible spot of which you speak?
Half back flank off course!