Training Friday 4th Dec

samwoods said:
benfti said:
jonovdp said:
I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.
The thing about Yesty is he isn't competing against anyone for the spot he plays
What is this mysterious invisible spot of which you speak?

Not sure if srs...
aboods said:
Who is this Esten Yates you speak of?
Ha! Yup just learning the new boys. Took us a while to work out who Tom Wallis was. he was wearing 46 and looked like Bags from a distance, which isn't a bad thing.

KING-JAMES said:
Cheers ant.
If Hooksey is up forward how did Brown and Hartley look as defenders?

Gotta admit I've been in the Hooker defense camp but a duo of Hooker/Daniher  fit and firing does excite
Hartley is a big boy. As big (and skinny) and Daniher. In a forwards drill where there were repeated efforts at leading he was minding Smack.
You could see he was really struggling. 2 years out of the system in the VFL makes a huge difference.

He certainly has size but seeing this was more about fitness he simply couldn't keep up.

Sounds brilliant. Why wasn’t I there? Oh yeah, friggin work!!!  :(  
When I win Tattslotto I’m going to EVERY training session and I’m going to stand next to Jackie and hit on Tiff all day long.

Riolio said:
Jobe seems leaner than recent years in photos. True?
Hard to tell. I mean he is always in ripping shape. 
Perhaps a little across the shoulders but perhaps that is because of the surgery.

Didn't seem as vocal either. 

Was great to see him running around. The talent that has come in must really rejuvenate players.

benfti said:
jonovdp said:
I reckon you could see Yestin playing round one and bursting on to the scene like Frog Davey did in his first season. No one could go near him in his first year.
The thing about Yesty is he isn't competing against anyone for the spot he plays
Where do you see him playing?

When we looked around we counted 5 players who might go for the small forward/HFF role.

McKenna, Eades, Kommer, Jerrett and then throw in Long/Dempsey/Edwards and you wonder who plays?

Long and Kommer must look a round thinking ■■■■ I better get a move on the talent is building.
Sounds brilliant. Why wasn't I there? Oh yeah, friggin work!!!!!  :(  
When I win Tattslotto I'm going to EVERY training session and I'm going to stand next to Jackie and hit on Tiff all day long.

Humberta will not be pleased.

Keep going 
If you have any specific questions let me know.
Reboot said:
Sounds brilliant. Why wasn't I there? Oh yeah, friggin work!!!!!  :(  
When I win Tattslotto I'm going to EVERY training session and I'm going to stand next to Jackie and hit on Tiff all day long.

Humberta will not be pleased.

How many Tattslotto, Humberta get?
The Ant said:

Keep going 

Ant - amazing training reports.

Any more detail on Laverde and Langford? Training with the mids? forwards?

Who is the most vocal on the ground? Hepp?

How is Zach Merret looking? Can't wait to see him and parish running rings around teams for the next decade!

half mast

Cheers for these. Love em as I can never make them.

The Ant said:
The Ant said:

Keep going 

How is Zach Merret looking? Can't wait to see him and parish running rings around teams for the next decade!

The thing about Lav and Lang is they just look ready. That may sound strange but when you look at the new guys they don't.
They are both physically built and imposing. Lang looks stronger and more cut. Especially around the shoulders and biceps.
Lav has always looked strong but he is just bigger again across the shoulders. 

The main drill was when the squad split into 3 groups. One group went off to the far oval for circle type work whilst the other two groups did a drill where one team had to move the ball from full back all the way to other 50 meter line. Then they would rotate around so one group was always having 'a rest' on the other oval. Langford was everywhere. Sweeping and then following up though the middle. Laverde was a receiver inside 50 and lead strong and then took assured marks.

No one was overly vocal as it was a brutal session. Mostly they were bent over. The coaches were though . 'One more effort' 'Go again boys'. Hooker was very willing and was vocal. Hepps was encouraging without being over the top.
At one point Hams was screaming '■■■■ this' '■■■■ me'. He was knackered. It was during a drill where they did 100 meter sprints across the ground whilst a partner harassed and grappled. 

It was great to see Zerrett out there. I was wondering if they would pull him out early because of management of the foot. In the drill above he always seemed to have the ball deep in the defensive 50 and used it especially well every time.  

reading this makes march feel so terribly far away.
The Ant said:

Keep going 

The thing about Lav and Lang is they just look ready. That may sound strange but when you look at the new guys they don't.
They are both physically built and imposing. Lang looks stronger and more cut. Especially around the shoulders and biceps.
Lav has always looked strong but he is just bigger again across the shoulders. 

The main drill was when the squad split into 3 groups. One group went off to the far oval for circle type work whilst the other two groups did a drill where one team had to move the ball from full back all the way to other 50 meter line. Then they would rotate around so one group was always having 'a rest' on the other oval. Langford was everywhere. Sweeping and then following up though the middle. Laverde was a receiver inside 50 and lead strong and then took assured marks.

No one was overly vocal as it was a brutal session. Mostly they were bent over. The coaches were though . 'One more effort' 'Go again boys'. Hooker was very willing and was vocal. Hepps was encouraging without being over the top.
At one point Hams was screaming '■■■■ this' '■■■■ me'. He was knackered. It was during a drill where they did 100 meter sprints across the ground whilst a partner harassed and grappled. 

It was great to see Zerrett out there. I was wondering if they would pull him out early because of management of the foot. In the drill above he always seemed to have the ball deep in the defensive 50 and used it especially well every time.  

samwoods said:
benfti said:
jonovdp said:
What is this mysterious invisible spot of which you speak?
CHF 

Deckham is correct. Parish is cocky as hell. The kind of player that if he played for Collingwood you would hate.

But he doesn’t. 

The Ant said:

Keep going 

At one point, they were doing a drill where one runs across the ground, while the other attempts to stop him. Langford was on Zerret. Zerret shrugged Langford off, and Langford started swearing in anger. I liked that :)

Oh - and Parish has a mouth on him. Cocky ■■■■■■■, he is, also. The kid will become an absolute champ - or be broken in the seniors rather quickly. 

beastin?

Barnz said:
beastin?
Round 1 ready. My pick for the small forward HFF role.

Yesty