Training Friday 5/12/14

I've already lost track of the 'didn't get a full pre-season' list...

Bags

Browne

..?

kommer

chappie

Carlisle

demps (still on laps)

myers (still on laps)

thanks jackie.

Get remember whether it was you or someone else but last concerns were expressed about sideways ball movement. Were they more direct this morning?

Thanks for the report and for taking up on my ongoing interest in Shaun Edwards' development.

On Cooney, before his injury he was a cracking clearance player. But after his knee issues he became more of an uncontested ball winner. I was interested to note that in last weeks report he was a standout in a clearance drill you described.  From match practice today does it look like he will be part of our centre bounce strategy or will he be mainly an outside run and carry wingman?

" Long is exceptionally lengthy from knee to hip and elbow to wrist which ... make him a very desirable acquisition."

??

I've already lost track of the 'didn't get a full pre-season' list...

Bags

Browne

..?

kommer

chappie

Carlisle

demps (still on laps)

myers (still on laps)

hocking

thanks jackie.

Get remember whether it was you or someone else but last concerns were expressed about sideways ball movement. Were they more direct this morning?

yep, there was one instance where play got held up with side to side movement and beej let rip with a bit of frustration and didn't see much of it again.

"Long and Cooney were standoouts"
This is exciting Jackie. Cooney for 2015 and Long in the 2016-2026 period.
2014 midfield was clearly top 8, looks like our midfield in 2015 will be top 4 material.
Thanks.

neither demps nor myers are still on laps. both in full training.

demps looks very...large... but he seemed lively at training. perhaps hes always this size but you never really notice it till youre up close.
saw the aftermath of laverdes ankle and it didnt look too serious. didnt look in much pain or anything, probably just rolled it. but im no medical expert.

kavs name was shouted a fair bit by the coaches and the captain. Jobe had a good one on one talk with him after telling him to make himself more 'dangerous'. just dont know about kav. during a couple of drills they were using him as a running defender which i thought was interesting. Hams looks a more likely prospect IMO.

What is the issue with Carlisle... still the back spasms?  Don't think he has had much luck with preseasons.  A few back problems last year, broke his foot in the last game of 2012, hamstring/Quad in either 2010 or 2011...

Was a 2 hour + session. Some thoughts that I can remember to add to Jackies awesomeness... Feel free to ask questions..

- Long struggled at the start. Slight frame got thrown around a bit in some drills. He looked buggard but then seemingly turned a corner and did some sublime things including some great long field kicking during the match simulation. He also won the goal kicking comp which made the whole group go ape and jump on him...was great to see.

- Bags. Machine like with a ■■■■■■ hand. 

- Cooney made a few of our favourite/best players look slow at times. Darting quickly out of the packs. Agility and speed is certainly still there. Carlisle said from the sidelines "the ■■■■ doesnt miss does he" to which Bassett had a chuckle in agreement after he snapped a great goal. 

- Laverde looked ready to go before rolling his foot. Walked off fine and wouldn't be too concerned. 

- Hurley hardly put a foot wrong. His kicking is beautiful and worth every cent. 

- Dempsey looked like he needs to drop a few kilos but was running freely. 

- During the soccer segment, our new irish recruit copped a hilarious spray for "being selfish" T-bell laying into him which was highly amusing. Obviously settling in already. Was funny watching Watson, T-bell, Fletcher, Licha and young irish playing soccer. Lots of tit for tatt and a really fun atmosphere.

- Joe D and Hurley at the end slotting goal after goal with Lloyd watching on was great to see. Much steadier run up and in breezy conditions neither missed many. On the opposite end of the scale Heppel, Melksham and edwards hardly got one in....

Good to see @CollingwoodFC at training today: http://bombe.rs/1FIEK3G  Will wee see you for our big Xmas training?

B4DfvIaCQAAbwf8.png

Robert Harvey clearly not interested in whatever the other 3 were looking at.

pW3a6pt__bigger.pngEssendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 2m2 minutes ago

Good to see @CollingwoodFC at training today: http://bombe.rs/1FIEK3G Will wee see you for our big Xmas training?

B4DfvIaCQAAbwf8.png

Everybody knows something special is going to happen this year at Bomberland and everyone wants to see it.
LID OFF.

Fark. ....we should of taken Laverde at 5

More on Laverde please? I understand he went off early but did he look ready-ish at all? What did he do well? How's his size amongst our older boys?

Dodgy looking bunch. 

Was a 2 hour + session. Some thoughts that I can remember to add to Jackies awesomeness... Feel free to ask questions..

- Long struggled at the start. Slight frame got thrown around a bit in some drills. He looked buggard but then seemingly turned a corner and did some sublime things including some great long field kicking during the match simulation. He also won the goal kicking comp which made the whole group go ape and jump on him...was great to see.

- Bags. Machine like with a ****** hand. 

- Cooney made a few of our favourite/best players look slow at times. Darting quickly out of the packs. Agility and speed is certainly still there. Carlisle said from the sidelines "the ***** doesnt miss does he" to which Bassett had a chuckle in agreement after he snapped a great goal. 

- Laverde looked ready to go before rolling his foot. Walked off fine and wouldn't be too concerned. 

- Hurley hardly put a foot wrong. His kicking is beautiful and worth every cent. 

- Dempsey looked like he needs to drop a few kilos but was running freely. 

- During the soccer segment, our new irish recruit copped a hilarious spray for "being selfish" T-bell laying into him which was highly amusing. Obviously settling in already. Was funny watching Watson, T-bell, Fletcher, Licha and young irish playing soccer. Lots of *** for tatt and a really fun atmosphere.

- Joe D and Hurley at the end slotting goal after goal with Lloyd watching on was great to see. Much steadier run up and in breezy conditions neither missed many. On the opposite end of the scale Heppel, Melksham and edwards hardly got one in....

exciting to here. good players raise everyone's standards.

heppel needs to fix his goal kicking. I suspect he has issues because he rarely kicks through the ball at any time, he has a very very strong short game and tends to look a little off balance when kicking long. something for him to work on. i'm sure he will.

What is the issue with Carlisle... still the back spasms?  Don't think he has had much luck with preseasons.  A few back problems last year, broke his foot in the last game of 2012, hamstring/Quad in either 2010 or 2011...

I don't comment on injuries when I think the club would prefer me not to - sorry.

Excellent report as always, Jackie. Cheers.

Thanks for the training reports Jackie and crumbs :)

pW3a6pt__bigger.pngEssendon FC â€@EssendonFC  2m2 minutes ago
Good to see @CollingwoodFC at training today: http://bombe.rs/1FIEK3G  Will wee see you for our big Xmas training?
B4DfvIaCQAAbwf8.png

Robert Harvey clearly not interested in whatever the other 3 were looking at.

Probably been casing the joint, I wouldn't be surprised if Hirdy found his car up on blocks.

Cooney is going to absolutely rip it up next year