Training Mon 22nd Nov

You had me at cafe open Dec 6th

7 Likes

One thing I noticed was the soccer team fit in well with our training needs. Their rooms are tucked in behind the bomber shop. Gear is in a couple of containers beside the entrance road. As others have mentioned, they came out rather late, a bit after 11.

They did use a drone, hovering about 40m above the ground to give a static birds eye video of the field. It seemed a really good idea, but I don’t know how many drones they’ll lose by blowing away considering the amount of wind you guys constantly whinge about.

7 Likes

I’m surprised they’re even allowed to use a drone given the proximity to Melbourne Airport.

2 Likes

@Benny40 tell them to win a ■■■■■■■ final next year.

3 Likes

With a RePL you can fly anywhere as long as you follow the processes outlined by CASA

1 Like

this sounds genuinely positive and i’ve all but given up on him. would love to see him turn it around.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Yeah. He’s running hard, creating space, sharp in front of goal. Time will tell how resilient he is once battling a real opponent, but he’s currently doing everything and more that you’d hope for at this point in the preseason. He looks to be in a really good space physically and his body language is really positive.

13 Likes

Still no Tippa???

Nope

The 1-4yr players were back earlier than they were meant to be, and some senior players have returned also even though not required to. So TIPPA and others not being there yet a non issue.

11 Likes

Yep. Redman would be in SA. I’d assume some other senior players would be interstate as well.

1 Like

Epic write up Benny. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

wow, so someone actually reported my rance post?

Thanks for that, Benny. Very informative.

How did Sammy Draper look?

Finally some reasonable perspective in our training reports.

6 Likes

You’d have a long rap sheet if that happened each time you used that phrase.

9 Likes

Drapes was largely doing running work. I didn’t notice him in the drills. There wasn’t another ruck option on deck, so no ruck contests. Looked in great shape, as far as you can tell from someone just running about.

2 Likes

surely we can win an intra club match this pre season going off these reports!..

Thanks for the reports!

2 Likes

"Essendon football football boss Josh Mahoney said Rance was a great fit for the club and role.

“We have a young, developing group. Alex will bring leadership and a high-performance mindset to the entire squad, as well as focusing on developing the fundamentals of our key-position players,” Mahoney said."" @foxsports Sep 29th.

Sounds pretty spot on already. What a coup snapping up Rance was. Signing of the season I say. And that Francis-Baldwin linkup is hugely promising. Big fan of Aaron … hope things fall right for him this season up forward.

Great report @Benny40 … many thanks

9 Likes