Training Monday 1/2/16

Yeah…but we have GC and Melbourne in the first two rounds. If we can get some real practice into them through NAB we are a chance still.

Thanks for the update JM - I’m excited about Kommer. We’ve got a bit of mongrel at the club at the moment, especially with the new additions. I think we’ll surprise a few teams who expect to just face a bunch of kids.

My expectations for season 2016 are so low that I might end up enjoying the footy more than I have for a few years. I felt the weight of that CAS decision like copping 24 losses in one day, so anything from here is a bonus.

Yeah....but we have GC and Melbourne in the first two rounds. If we can get some real practice into them through NAB we are a chance still.

I cannot see us getting within cooee of either of them. My only hope is that maybe we can beat Carlton.

4 and 2 start

Thanks for the update JM - I'm excited about Kommer. We've got a bit of mongrel at the club at the moment, especially with the new additions. I think we'll surprise a few teams who expect to just face a bunch of kids.

My expectations for season 2016 are so low that I might end up enjoying the footy more than I have for a few years. I felt the weight of that CAS decision like copping 24 losses in one day, so anything from here is a bonus.

The way I’m approaching 2016 is like this:

In 2015 I thought we’d win 12-15 games, however we won 6 and were appalling. All hope was gone by the St Kilda but wins against Melbourne and Collingwood felt great despite being scrappy as all hell, because it was a win.

In 2016 I have virtually no expectations which means wins will be feel extra extra special.

I don’t reckon I’ve gone into a season not thinking we could make finals since 2006 and I’m sure I’ll we’ll embarrass a few pundits who foolishly predict 0 wins.

Thanks for the update JM - I'm excited about Kommer. We've got a bit of mongrel at the club at the moment, especially with the new additions. I think we'll surprise a few teams who expect to just face a bunch of kids.

The way I’m approaching 2016 is like this:

In 2015 I thought we’d win 12-15 games, however we won 6 and were appalling. All hope was gone by the St Kilda but wins against Melbourne and Collingwood felt great despite being scrappy as all hell, because it was a win.

In 2016 I have virtually no expectations which means wins will be feel extra extra special.

I don’t reckon I’ve gone into a season not thinking we could make finals since 2006 but my lid is still off because I’m sure I’ll we’ll embarrass a few pundits who foolishly predict 0 wins.

Thanks Jackie. Got a great visual in my head of Kommer and Tippa going at it! Agree with samwoods…just hope we can beat Carlton!

Yeah....but we have GC and Melbourne in the first two rounds. If we can get some real practice into them through NAB we are a chance still.

I cannot see us getting within cooee of either of them. My only hope is that maybe we can beat Carlton.

Agree I think Carlton is our only hope

Which reminds me, how is Jake Long travelling?

Kommer was quite impressive today going flat out as a leading small forward in a drill where it was one forward against two defenders or two forwards against four defenders. You would have enjoyed seeing Kommer and Tippa pairing as the small forwards and applying great defensive pressure on their opponents

Which reminds me, how is Jake Long travelling?
He's going quite well - seems to have more presence this year. i thought he did well in Healesville.

Delete

Cooney was a deadset fk up. The blokes more cooked that charlie sheen

I can’t even explain to you the magnitude of my pissedoffness, when we threw away a Pick in the 30’s in the midst of heavy draft sanctions, for a guy that IMO was basically finished.

So much so, that I effectively took a year off from Blitz !

I can’t even explain to you the magnitude of my pissedoffness, when we threw away a Pick in the 30’s in the midst of heavy draft sanctions, for a guy that IMO was basically finished.

It was a mistake, but at the time we were hoping for a top four spot, and a chance at a Premiership. Knowing what we know now, of course we wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on that deal. At the time I thought it was overs for someone with a chronic knee, but if you asked me what I thought after R1 last year, I would’ve said it was well worth it.

I was also pretty ■■■■■■ off when we brought in a renowned goal sneak, Chappy, to sharpen up our forward line.
Then Bomber just let him play wherever he wanted, run all over the field as a 32 year old rover, while we struggled to kick a winning score. By his second year Chappy was worn out, injured and spent.

I was also pretty ■■■■■■ off when we brought in a renowned goal sneak, Chappy, to sharpen up our forward line.
Then Bomber just let him play wherever he wanted, run all over the field as a 32 year old rover, while we struggled to kick a winning score. By his second year Chappy was worn out, injured and spent.

Essendon hasn’t played someone as a genuine goal sneak for over a decade.

Cool. I didn’t realize I had footballing characteristics until I compared myself with Chappy in his second year.

As always, Thanks Jackie!!! Love your work

From speaking to Cal a few weeks back the Cooney recruitment was 100% the coaches call.
He was actually playing decent footy so I wasn’t against it but feel we definitely overpaid.

The absolute most we should have paid for Cooney was a Pick in the mid 50’s.
Even then, I don’t believe we needed another player in his late 20’s, given the demographic of our list.

His recruitment was purely a PR exercise so that the club could say to the fans, we lost Ryder but gained Pick 17 & Adam Cooney.

Just another error to put on top of the pile of mistakes made by the club in the past 3-4 years.