Training Monday 10/2/14

Gleeson had it a fair bit. Good running power, had the give-and-go happening, often has multiple touches in a passage of play. As mentioned before, he strikes me as being very versatile. His usually excellent skills did desert him though on one occassion, taking about 5 minutes to pick up a dribbling ball and then scrubbed the kick to add insult…

Probably fair enough to be a bit flat after a 3 hrs session in the heat....we also do know what other training they have been doing in between.

Thanks Jackie and Sal (and others) for reports, a fantastic preseason is being had by BLITZ.

... Gleeson narrowly out pointed Ashby ...

In the one training session that I attended in January I remember noticing Gleeson win quite a few contests against Ashby. Most were some variation on selling the dummy (Gleeson dancing around Ashby, or ignoring the fake and laying the tackle), but it was interesting to me given their difference in physical development, and draft position in the same year.

Probably fair enough to be a bit flat after a 3 hrs session in the heat....we also do know what other training they have been doing in between.
Thanks Jackie and Sal (and others) for reports, a fantastic preseason is being had by BLITZ.

Maybe some of the boys got down to StKilda Fest. :$

Kav! also has deceptively good hands overhead. Did some nice things, it feels like he has a defensive mid role primarily. Used the ball efficiently and cleanly.

Zac certainly looks decent. A one step, peripheral vision pass on his left hinted at what he will do.

First decent look at Fantasia. Went ok. Pushed up the ground, won some footy, has good pace and kicks well.

I had trouble identifying Aylett, until Jackie told me his nickname was “Coota”. Coota was called out a fair bit actually, so perhaps he had the footy more than I realised.

The senior players were just so-so. Stants popped up from time to time. Zaka chimed in with some opportunistic goals. Winder was coaching. The team with the ball generally struggled to move it well against the defence, with space being closed down pretty well.

But Jobe probably summed it all up. Exasperated, he called a halt and informed the playing group that we weren’t playing how we wanted to play, and only the players could change that. We have a fine captain, but we already knew that.

Can also back up the comments made re Gleeson.
Never really saw much of Gleeson, but I really did notice him today. He's smooth, got good skills and is pretty agile. I hope he can get a body that will allow him to actually make an impact at senior level though, he still looks like a 13 year old, which is a bit beyond comical.
Joe Daniher seems confident in himself, very vocal and seems to expect a high standard from everything he does. Its a good confident.
Hooker looks very solid down back.
Didnt see much of Winderlich but he was very keen to have a few words with Steinberg and some of the other smaller forwards through out the earlier parts of the session. Wouldnt be surprised to see him involved in coaching after he retires.
Jetta made a very nice play early on in the session. Got the ball from a pack, may have been a ball up, cannot remember, sprinted about 30 meters, danced around a defender and shot off a beautiful pass into Hardinghams mits. Theres no doubting Leroy has skill.
Also must say DelOlio seems to get the ball a shitload, and always looks dangerous around the goals.

Thought it was a bit odd that Neil 'Ill have no direct involvement with the players' Craig was pretty much in command for the whole session. But anyway..
There were a fair few absentees, but I'm sure thats nothing to be alarmed about.

Kav! also has deceptively good hands overhead. Did some nice things, it feels like he has a defensive mid role primarily. Used the ball efficiently and cleanly.
Zac certainly looks decent. A one step, peripheral vision pass on his left hinted at what he will do.
First decent look at Fantasia. Went ok. Pushed up the ground, won some footy, has good pace and kicks well.
I had trouble identifying Aylett, until Jackie told me his nickname was "Coota". Coota was called out a fair bit actually, so perhaps he had the footy more than I realised.

You mean "Kouta?". Explains why he kept the no. 43 on his guernsay.

DELL round one

Any love for Hams sal?

I have much Hams love.

so how is he looking. i do wonder if could be putting some pressure on kommer for that harassing, extra number small forward with a bit of goal sense. Does he have the pace/work rate to do it.

so how is he looking. i do wonder if could be putting some pressure on kommer for that harassing, extra number small forward with a bit of goal sense. Does he have the pace/work rate to do it.

He didn't train with the main group today. Did some gentle running on the other oval with Goddard, Dalgleish and Dempsey.

By the way does anyone have any idea where Myers has disappeared to?

Hibberd uploaded a video on Instagram at some persons bday yesterday with a few of the boys there, probs had a few (hundred) beers too

He didn't train with the main group today. Did some gentle running on the other oval with Goddard, Dalgleish and Dempsey.

St Kilda
Festival..... that is!

Still at Melbourne Central, just refurbishing it I think.

Gleeson had it a fair bit. Good running power, had the give-and-go happening, often has multiple touches in a passage of play. As mentioned before, he strikes me as being very versatile. His usually excellent skills did desert him though on one occassion, taking about 5 minutes to pick up a dribbling ball and then scrubbed the kick to add insult....

Gleeson can play off half back, wing and across half forward. Just from what i have observed from VFL last year and this pre season, I think he is best suited at this stage with the play in front of him. Playing as a small defender that is capable of stopping his opponet but also exploit going the other with his speed and agility.

Hams certainly has the workrate, runs to the right areas to find the ball and is an intense tackler for his size.  

He has average pace and isnt as strong in the contest as kommer!

Hams has also been in the modfield group for a few weeks

Hibberd uploaded a video on Instagram at some persons bday yesterday with a few of the boys there, probs had a few (hundred) beers too
Was'nt it Jobes Birthday?

Compulsory leadership camp in Siberia