Training Monday 11th December

If anyone can tell me when I can expect this windfall and into which account it’s going I would be most grateful. You will then also see a corresponding sharp spike in the number of training reports from me on here and a lot more photos. I actually took about 200 but only posted the best 60 or so

3 Likes

There was that Nigerian guy, prince babu. You just need to deposit 5k, but he gives you back a million. It’s a sure thing.

2 Likes

50% of affected children died.

I was born during the thalidomide years & I am eternally grateful my Mum didn’t take it. There but for the grace of God go I.

2 Likes

Good chance I am one of the last “rubella babies”… hence my deafness.

(Go watch the Francis draft video from start of his thread or the draft thread… a billion percent a Hurley clone, at least when Hurley was burley).

4 Likes

just use the KB approach. and start slagging off the club.

Yeah, heaps, I’m told!
Xavier loves them!

Best decade of the century to grow up in, for music. Best decade of any century.

4 Likes

32 or was it 34?

I imagine he probably just drives to training like most of the guys.

Public transport to the Hanger is pretty ■■■■ poor.

Thanks for noticing re Lance Withnaill.
Ideally I would have used a Chalkboard font.

Which brings me to one of the failings of Blitz; the inability to use appropriate fonts,
It would certainly clarify the inter generational debate currently raging.
Old timers could use Black Letter, or even Papyrus.
Younger Blitzers could opt for some pixel or machine based font.
And I’ve always thought Jackie’s training reports, and DJR’s match reports would look better in Courier, as in dispatches from the front line hammered out on a typewriter.
As for the Blitz posters requiring Comic Sans to represent their opinions…

8 Likes

Set to star in the remake: Whitnal and I.

5 Likes

And used to be able to get a pack of Winnie Blues, a Big M and minimum chips for under $2…all before school of course.

We used to take our shotguns to school for clay target shooting on Wednesday afternoon. I used to sling mine over my Angel bars on my bike we even packed shotgun cartridges during spare classes. If you didn’t have a gun you could use the school’s under/ over.

2 Likes

FMD!

1 Like

Hugh Delahunty was 32

1 Like

contritely puts hand up…

1 Like

I figured you can do small and big text.

Also different colours like green , red , blue , orange , turquoise , chartreuse and purple.

And as if we didn’t already know but yellow and brown are a crap combination.

But I haven’t figured out different fonts.

4 Likes

Thank you for that.

RIP Stringer.

Yeah, nah.

Everyone thinks their childhood is the best time, and their music is the best. Everyone is wrong.

And we all have such a tiny window of perspective that any statement of this type needs so many caveats that it becomes practically worthless.

The best time? Tomorrow.

Yep, Wodonga Technical School. Wasn’t that long ago. I’m only 48

I’ve met you a few times DJR - not sure whether you’re serious about the deafness. (Or am I missing some sort of in-joke on BB, as I often do?). I know a lot of people with hearing problems are so good at lip reading that you don’t even notice.