Training Monday 11th December

Now we’re killing them with sugar. And a million other brilliant things.

5 Likes

Does Francis point?

3 Likes

Of course… “Can someone chase that bloke that just ran away from me…he’s over there!”

4 Likes

There are a number of best 22 that do that most games. So Francis should fit right in.

1 Like

Most baby boomers have now retired. The following generation is in charge these days.

In any case you are wrong. Lesbianism was never a crime in australia. Being homosexual was never a crime in australia, but the act of sodomy was. If i was killing children with thalidomide, you are killing people with crystal meth, motor cars, and cigarettes. Aboriginals are still being treated poorly on your watch.

While growing up in the 50s and 60s was OK, its not so easy today .

1 Like

LOL.

1 Like

Tell ya what hasn’t changed… arguing over which generation sucked the most.

8 Likes

He’s absolutely correct. The law punishes acts, not desires or inclinations.

It may be correct but it’s still wrong and if you think your world was better for it, you’re a throwback.

Totally agree. The 22 picked each week should always be the best 22 players at the club that week. No sane selector puts a player in the team to develop him. If he hasn’t developed to the point where he’s at least the 22nd best player on the list then he doesn’t deserve a game and he shouldn’t get one.

Weeeeell, yes.
Acts like attending a gay meeting.
Unofficially, of course.

If I had any idea of the point you’re trying to make, I might agree with it. Or not.

I’m saying that sodomy might have been the crime ‘on the books.’
But that’s not the full story as regards to, well, punishment.

Okay, I thought you were replying to a different post of mine.

It’s pretty much the full story as regards the law, which is what I was talking about. I fully agree that gays were punished in many ways other than by prosecution and conviction. And they still are.

1 Like

Seriously, this is a training thread and the thread moves to sodomy.
Can it get any more ■■■■■■ up?

9 Likes

Sure.
Politics in the science thread.

2 Likes

Good money in the nackers shots is there?

I’m gen Y but agree the 60s would have been a great time to live.

Tee-hee. I assume it was deliberate to misspell his name…twice.

1 Like

Were kids dying from thalidomide, or just malformed?

Certainly when legal action was taken, the offenders had short arms and long pockets.

3 Likes