Training Monday 19/12/16

If McGrath doesn’t play 23 games in his first year off the HBF for 493 disposals he’s a dud.

Should have picked Mcluggage.

Should have picked Mcluggage Taranto.
My goal is to catch one of these threads when they first go up, and then get my pic in the top ten likes. I failed again.

Nobody beats Speedy Gonzalez, andale andale ariba aribaaaa!!!

I’d be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season.

I reckon his clean hands, a quick hand balling is absolutely superb. This is an area that the game is moving to. Quick hands are critical.

His body type lets him down imo. He plays similar to Zac but simply doesn’t have the build to develop that inside game. Because he has some pace and is pretty slight, most people see him as an outside player. Hopefully he can put on a few kg’s over the pre season, to develop that inside game.

Jackson will come into his own this year.

Mark my words.

That ship has sailed Jono.

Great read JM.

Do you think Morgan was just on lighter running duties due to work load over the last couple of months? I want to see him in pre season games.

I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season.

I reckon his clean hands, a quick hand balling is absolutely superb. This is an area that the game is moving to. Quick hands are critical.

His body type lets him down imo. He plays similar to Zac but simply doesn’t have the build to develop that inside game. Because he has some pace and is pretty slight, most people see him as an outside player. Hopefully he can put on a few kg’s over the pre season, to develop that inside game.

I’ve been a big fan of Jerrett in the past, but I’ve got to say after his 2016 season his ongoing position has to look shaky. I still think there is potential there, but between the urgent need for him to realise it and competition for spots, he is going to have an issue establishing a right to get another contract. I assume from his lack of mention in reports he’s just keeping on keeping on, which is really not enough for what has to be a break out season if he really wants to continue his AFL journey.
I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season. .

A fair question and a fair criticism.

I haven’t said much because I’m one of the ones that has written him off on the basis that I think many players have gone past him and he has failed to establish himself despite being given many games.

He is training very well and his handball is quite good. Having said that he lacks a “physical” presence to some extent, and doesn’t seem to get the ball a lot or kick many goals.

Would be delighted if my assessment proves to be wrong and he flowers in 2017.

Any other clues on the "valiant redhead" ?

Hmn. What famous knight was tardy getting somewhere important because a game he was playing went over time?

I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season.

I’ve been a big fan of Jerrett in the past, but I’ve got to say after his 2016 season his ongoing position has to look shaky. I still think there is potential there, but between the urgent need for him to realise it and competition for spots, he is going to have an issue establishing a right to get another contract. I assume from his lack of mention in reports he’s just keeping on keeping on, which is really not enough for what has to be a break out season if he really wants to continue his AFL journey.

Agree.
Before the 2016 season started I was very keen to see how the likes of Jackson Merrett, Martin Gleeson and Jason Ashby would respond after the senior players were suspended. A midfield role had opened up for the 3 of them, and they had the option of continue to sit back and be ‘role players’ or take on a leadership position within the squad. The 3 of them had been at the club for long enough to transition into a leadership role. It just didn’t happen. Gleeson played a steady season, nothing that we were surprised about though.
While Merrett and Ashby were well and truely overtaken by Zac Merrett, Parrish, Langford & Tippungwuti.

Hmn. What famous knight was tardy getting somewhere important because a game he was playing went over time?

We don’t have any players called Drake.

You are the man! Let’s see if the younger generation gets it.

Gen Y throwing in some knowledge of history from that era?

Couldn’t chance their armada…

Let’s be frank, kids these days won’t get it.

You are the man! Let’s see if the younger generation gets it.

Bit early to bestow a knighthood on Aaron?

And the only reason Noonsn knows this is because he was there to welcome him.

Let's be frank, kids these days won't get it.
But with google and those clues they should be able to figure it out quite quickly. So midfield role is 2020 target then?
Jackson will come into his own this year.

Mark my words.

He’s going to have sex with Zach? Ewwwwww

Been a while since I was reminded of this Jackie. The beheading/axe game that you're referring to... an old school project. Can't believe I remember that.

Great report as usual. Cheers