Training Monday 19/12/16

They’ll have to think of a better nickname for Dylan Clarke…Dill has been taken (and is OWNED) by Gill

RIP JOE
MCG A DUD
RIP 2016
BRING ON 2017

Any other clues on the "valiant redhead" ?

Hmn. What famous knight was tardy getting somewhere important because a game he was playing went over time?

Been a while since I was reminded of this Jackie. The beheading/axe game that you're referring to... an old school project. Can't believe I remember that.

Great report as usual. Cheers

You’ve bowled me over. I’ve no idea what the axing/beheading game that you did a project on is about but consider this Mr. Sunbury could any other fan website be having a discussion of this historical and intellectual quality?

Jackson will come into his own this year.

Mark my words.

He’s going to have sex with Zach? Ewwwwww

Full retard.

I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season. .

A fair question and a fair criticism.

I haven’t said much because I’m one of the ones that has written him off on the basis that I think many players have gone past him and he has failed to establish himself despite being given many games.

He is training very well and his handball is quite good. Having said that he lacks a “physical” presence to some extent, and doesn’t seem to get the ball a lot or kick many goals.

Would be delighted if my assessment proves to be wrong and he flowers in 2017.

He played a lot better and had more opportunities under the previous coach. He went backwards last year, and despite going ok in the VFL according to others, was rarely promoted. I doubt he has any confidence any longer. Didn’t play like he did.
He’ll be gone at the end of the year IMHO to another club.

Hmn. What famous knight was tardy getting somewhere important because a game he was playing went over time?

We don’t have any players called Drake.

You are the man! Let’s see if the younger generation gets it.

Bit early to bestow a knighthood on Aaron?

And the only reason Noonsn knows this is because he was there to welcome him.

Practising my Spanish…¡hola! Don Francisco. ¿Dondé está la Armada?

Not enough hype about the fridges lid being off

Sir Mixalot because baby got back.

Came for the first time and brought my camera on a whim, haven’t really looked at all the photos just yet but I can imagine I’ll be uploading them all at a later point
https://dropbox.com/s/rqohe88ezb34ugi/15657961_10209879334913910_1927246610_o.jpg?dl=0

Not enough hype about the fridges lid being off

Obviously because if it is then the meat and dairy will spoil…

Came for the first time and brought my camera on a whim, haven't really looked at all the photos just yet but I can imagine I'll be uploading them all at a later point https://dropbox.com/s/rqohe88ezb34ugi/15657961_10209879334913910_1927246610_o.jpg?dl=0

I’m sure that was special for you, although not important enough to photograph IMO.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season.

I reckon his clean hands, a quick hand balling is absolutely superb. This is an area that the game is moving to. Quick hands are critical.

His body type lets him down imo. He plays similar to Zac but simply doesn’t have the build to develop that inside game. Because he has some pace and is pretty slight, most people see him as an outside player. Hopefully he can put on a few kg’s over the pre season, to develop that inside game.

The problem with that is that you actually have to touch the ball in order to do stuff like that, that is Jackson’s biggest weakness.

Goes missing far too often in games and doesn’t get involved enough.

He has the ability as shown in that one game against Carlton a few years ago where he racked up 30-odd but has never come anywhere close ever since.

but Drake’s game was played on the Greene.

Love your reports as always, JM. What I enjoy most is that you almost always mention that the vibe is really good amongst the playing group and that the club feels like a very professional environment.

Aside from just their physical condition, who of the returning players has stood out to you the most at training so far? Cheers.

Yes, but he was Sir FRANCIS.

Yes, but he was Sir FRANCIS.

…but was he in GAME of Thrones???

But he was playing at Plymouth Hoe.

I guess that means it was Cale Hooker.

I realise it sounds trite… but I really appreciate these training reports jackie and others… for those of us that have moved away or can’t attend… it is a fantastic highlight to come online and read about what the team is up to.

Well written and honest accounts of progress are much appreciated. So thank you and I look forward to the next one.

Let's be frank, kids these days won't get it.

Uncharted waters alright.