Training Monday 20/1/14

Gregory mentioned again, just saying.

Thanks to the stalkers!

These reports are the best thing about Blitz; it’s certainly what got me hooked all those years ago! Thanks again for your efforts, JM & co.

^ ditto!

I am fkg BULLISH.

Great to hear about Stein How did Dell go.

The last five sessions and the three sessions I have observed have had Steiny in their observations or reports, this is good news! The penny has dropped and he will make the grade IMO! 

Not a lot of time to post photos from today but here goes.......hope they match some of JMs comments

.....and these

Awesome.

................and a few more

Thanks for the reports and the photos and by the looks of it the new 2014 training Guernsey has finally been unveiled!   

...............and finally......................

not Buddahs toughest look.

Thx K Bomber

excellent shots, karma.

won’t be home until late, but here’s a couple via the tablet.

above: Buckets!! No, actually. It’s Dalgleish, outmarking Steinberg. Lauchie is becoming a pretty versatile player. Contrary to some statements, he has always had a pretty good build, it’s more been a matter of confidence to use the assets he has. the main one has always been pace, but he’s a good enough size to compete overhead too.

Above: But Ariel soon had his revenge, his positioning and reading of the flight too good on this occassion. A couple of years back, i wanted Steinberg shifted to full forward to force him to lead at the ball carrier rather than coast around trying to be third man up all the time. Instead, he moved to defence where he learnt the skills and methods quickly enough to become a very handy player. Today, he did lead and mark strongly a few times. Good signs, imo.

.......and maybe a "hairy" lucky last. ■■■ Hepp, how do you do it?

not Buddahs toughest look.

Thx K Bomber

He'd just had a teammate accidentally kick him in the left knee - it's fairly red, so think it's Buddha's idea of a grimace!

Great photos karmabomber, thanks. Camera type and lens?

Great photos karmabomber, thanks. Camera type and lens?

Thanks Quietachiever. Nikon D300 with 80 - 400mm telephoto

Above: Bags is tough and uncompromising. Trained well, and as his positioning instincts improve under the defensive focus, expect him to play senior again this year.

above: i like Gleeson. another promising player with good versatility. played briefly as a defensive forward last year too.

OK that looks photoshopped (I know it isn't). He looks like a bobblehead!

The size of his head, the angle, it totally looks like you just cut and pasted his head onto someone elses body. The fact that you didn't just makes me laugh at the picture even more.