Training Monday 26/1/15

McKenna seriously needs to be told 90% of his kicks at goal need to be boring straight punts. Get the basics right first.

Joe the last still goal kicking, as a prolonged autographing period wraps up.

Any presser by Hird yet?

Joe not doing big follow-throughs. Doesn’t need that at all from 40/50.

And he’s finally done, now.

Contrary to recent meme, McKenna is not the only hairy legged one: Giles is 100% mountain man, and Steinberg is covered in luminous yellow fur. Seriously.

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink

Contrary to public meme, McKenna is not the only hairy legged one: Giles is 100% mountain man, and Steinberg is covered in luminous yellow fur. Seriously.

Steiny - The Wild Thing!

Mr Hooker was silly enough to venture over the fence. Mobbed, last to escape.

The Irish boy is very quickly getting good:)

A reply to: @CJohns regarding QuoteLink

get around him

A reply to: @Michael_Long_Legend regarding QuoteLink

Laverde is just being called Jayden. Needs a nickname.
Avril

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

get around him

The Irish Dangerfield. Powerful unit is the Irishman…and quick

Who was the kid wearing number 36? Didn’t even look old enough to be draftable.

A reply to: @Warlock Paul regarding QuoteLink

Contrary to public meme, McKenna is not the only hairy legged one: Giles is 100% mountain man, and Steinberg is covered in luminous yellow fur. Seriously.

Steiny - The Wild Thing!

Freaking awesome resemblance.

A reply to: @Revie regarding QuoteLink

get around him

Nah, I’m sure after some time in the VFL he will progress quickly and start getting plenty of respect.

A reply to: @Revie regarding QuoteLink

get around him

And his kicking is still a long way from VFL standard. Clangeriffic.

A reply to: @Andrew from Essendon regarding QuoteLink

Who was the kid wearing number 36? Didn't even look old enough to be draftable.

I was wondering, it certainly wasn’t Dalgleish.

The EFC Facebook says its someone Wallis. Tom Wallis, JHA thing?

A reply to: @Michael_Long_Legend regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Andrew from Essendon regarding QuoteLink
Who was the kid wearing number 36? Didn't even look old enough to be draftable.

I was wondering, it certainly wasn’t Dalgleish.

The EFC Facebook says its someone Wallis. Tom Wallis, JHA thing?

I had just presumed it was Tom Wallis.
He’s been training with them since the break.
Definitely looks like he could be a handy player.
Though, I thought he had been dubbed a ‘tall mid’ - As he stands he is not much bigger than Colyer and would be really pushing to make the 182cm listed in the Father/Son Thread…

Great live training thread DJR.

Modified Group: Years of gym work is showing. Pears looks to be the strongest man in the club. Probably could match Buddy for strength, but might not have run for 3 years, so he will have a long way to go to get back on the park at AFL level. Buckets is also looking quite a bit stronger in the upper body, and was actually handling a football today, so that might indicate some progress. Kommers knee was heavily strapped and he hardly touched a ball and did not run… Heath Hocking was doing limited light mobility training and gentle kicking.

Fantastic to see Browne and Hams doing OK in the skill drills. Browne did not play in the stoppage simulations and had some limited one on one drills on the 2nd oval… Both are moving very freely and look very fit. Langford and Laverde appear to be progressing really well.

Lloydy has turned his attention to other players in the group. Bags kicked about 4 goals from the boundary. I was impressed.
Accuracy from set shots looked good. I do believe the Lloydy goalkicking coaching is working.

Rookie list players: Stein looks the pick of them, Longy next . McKernan probably can play, but appears tentative and down on confidence. I cannot form an opinion on Aylett yet. McKenna moves well and his passing is improving a lot but he looks like he came from a non AFL planet when he kicks for goal. No doubt he has goal sense and probably could snap goals around his body, but seems to want to kick set shots around his body as well, even from dead in front

Overall, I was impressed with the whole groups skills with foot and hands. There are probably about 10 players outside the top 22 who are good enough to play , but opportunities will probably only appear for them when injuries occur.

Apparently you have to wear the right number at big training sessions like this.

Screw this.

Nice to meet you today Dave. Thanks for the report. Don’t know how you survived the music where you were standing.