Training Monday 27th November

smith looks like DELLOLIO

but actually good.

6 Likes

I thought he was lighter.

@anon71769209

5 Likes

Must’ve been a massive order of wooden broom handles. The local Bunnings would be wrapped.

Think it might Oates branded, regulation 1.35m length, with bamboo for added strength. Solid product, fantastic quality, no expense spared in our quest for flag no.17.

We’ve had “BIN” we now have “BROOM”. Long, live broom! We will clean up the opposition all year long, with this revolutionary training apparatus & technique.

The EFC cleaner is currently beside himself having to organise them all.

3 Likes

I can’t be bothered reading this whole thread. Have we won the premiership yet

2 Likes

When we said lift weights to get stronger…

How are we looking Nackers?

16 times :+1:

3 Likes

Really good, I’ll put a report together in an hour or so, unfortunately my day isn’t one filled with constant leisure! Jackie Mihochek was out there today as well taking notes, he will no doubt have things to add as well

6 Likes

Priorities Nackers

6 Likes

My humble apologies, what am I thinking!

2 Likes

Be still my beating heart.

I just like saying nackers

1 Like

Anywhere to find training dates? I’m a stay-at-home dad right now, perfect opportunity to start indoctrinating my 1 year old son whilst providing a service to Blitz as well.

6 Likes

I know it’s only day 1 of preseason, but I would have hoped they were on slightly heavier weights…

1 Like

A few quick things while I have a few minutes-

Francis look an entirely different body shape, smaller in the shoulders are still waist and legs. He did however leave the track early, I’m not sure why he didn’t seem to be limping.

Hartley is considerably bigger in the upper body, Stewart has put on size across the shoulders as well.

Begley has slimmed down even more, Jackie suggested his new nickname should be mini bar.

Stringer looks quite a bit slimmer as well, not that I’ve paid much attention to him in the past. He seemed to be seriously labouring running laps at the end, maybe he was putting I more than usual trying to impress during the main session. I didn’t see too much of him as he appeared to be trying to avoid my scrutiny, always at the other end of the ground.

Tippa also appears to gave lost a bit, his endurance is definitely building and seemed to run out the session much better than previously. It was noticeable to me that when running laps after training he wasn’t struggling at all.

Got to go, more a bit later

56 Likes

Training Monday 27/11/17

First session of the season at Tullamarine in mild cloudy conditions. Ghostly figures of players past flickering to and fro under grey skies as one’s thoughts turned to the ever present Fletcher and Dempsey who has comeback a little fatter at the start. New red digital clock on the balcony stood out in the overcast light ticking away the first minutes and seconds of a new year.

Players have eased into the season today with a low key skills session with the talls Luenberger, Ballchambers, Hurley
and Daniher not taking part in the main group and Goddard and Hooker unsighted and Heppel not training but in earnest consultation with the coach, a football tucked under each arm and a rather scraggly beard partially obscuring his Patrician features.

McKenna seems to be over his" Irish ankle and cleverly flicked up a stationary ball into his hands with his foot in a type of Irish jig. Green trained alone on the small oval and Fantasia stood forlornly on the sidelines idly prodding the turf, looking very disconsolate. I suspect recovering from a leg problem but I know no more than that.

We were agreed that there were some significant changes of physique - Stewart, Gleeson, Hartley, Heppel and Parish who all looked bigger and better defined in the upper body and arms. On the Jenny Craig side of things both Begley and Francis have fined down which shows some degree of dedication over the break.

Some players have been seen at the club already and there was talk of Zaka hitting the gym and Zac Merret having “about one hundred shots at goal on Friday.”

As for the coaches Kelly seems to have fitted in well and is teamed with Harvey moulding the backline and said he was enjoying being a coach.

Naturally I turned my attention on the three trades. “That looks pretty good Smithy” from one of the line coaches during an agility exercise which was followed by some impressive repeat running where he moved apparently effortlessly and smoothly around the boundary line during repeat runs. His training partner Stringer was pushing himself in the repeats but was labouring a bit towards the end by comparison. Saad moved well and in the tackling drills used little stabs of speed to evade tackles.

Actually the one on one tackling drills were quite interesting. Confined spaces were used between the boundary line and some cones in a line opposite giving a space of about 15 metres. A ball would be thrown to the player with his back to the boundary and the defensive player would try to tackle him or force him out of bounds. Kelly exhorted players not to stand flat footed and for the defensive player to uses stutter steps to move forward at the ball carrier. “He’s giving you that space for free, keep going towards him, take the space off him.” Bags was tackling really well and Hartley and Francis had a good duel. Directed at Francis “Good - f…king bull!” as Francis beat him but next time the bulked up Hartley bested him. It was disappointing to see Francis leave the field early with a trainer and not return I don’t know why.

That’s what happened today. I’m excited. I expect you are too.

67 Likes

popcorn.gif

4 Likes

RIP FRANGA. SHOULD HAVE TRA…

1 Like