Training Monday 6/1/14

Wait.... we are a football team?

I see bellcho being more of a forward than a ruckman next year. one being he's a far better forward than ryder and two being ryder is far, far more beneficial to the team when he takes the bulk of the ruckwork.

Next year? I'm more interested in what he's going to do this year

I see bellcho being more of a forward than a ruckman next year. one being he's a far better forward than ryder and two being ryder is far, far more beneficial to the team when he takes the bulk of the ruckwork.

Next year? I'm more interested in what he's going to do this year

*season

Only saw the start of the session today, but thought I’d add that the modified group was small again and didn’t seem too hindered with them all running and when I left they were doing some repeat 50m runs. Paddy, Jake. BJ and Courtney.

Also saw Orazio for the first time and he was taken out for some one on one kicking during an early drill - I guess this was just a bit of a management issue easing him through the preseason.

I’d be interested to know if he rejoined the main group for the later sessions and if something similar happened to other newbies?

Thanks again JM, nice to talk to you again. I have always loved the reports on training and the preseason games, I’m looking forward to hearing about the next couple months!!

Interesting observation by Bassett: we are working with three tall forwards - Bellchambers, Daniher and Carlisle.

Three pretty handy small forwards to go with them - Chapman, Zaharakis and Winderlich. Looks as though the decision to switch Carlise and Hurley is set.

Interesting observation by Bassett: we are working with three tall forwards - Bellchambers, Daniher and Carlisle.
Three pretty handy small forwards to go with them - Chapman, Zaharakis and Winderlich. Looks as though the decision to switch Carlise and Hurley is set.

Hope not.

Heya JM,

How do you find out when these training sessions are.

Are they all open?

Generally Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 10 am - Club has published a list as em2009 has pointed out.

Unlike the time under Hird the sessions are open but there are restrictions about where you can stand etc.  which are fair enough but if you go outside the cafe you will be ok..  If you see me or Tiffany there say hello.

I think there is a cricket match on the second oval on Friday afternoon.

Wha? They put a cricket pitch in the middle of one of the ovals... :wallbash:

(surely not?)

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/774-murali-to-tackle-bombers-in-january/

Only saw the start of the session today, but thought I'd add that the modified group was small again and didn't seem too hindered with them all running and when I left they were doing some repeat 50m runs. Paddy, Jake. BJ and Courtney.
Also saw Orazio for the first time and he was taken out for some one on one kicking during an early drill - I guess this was just a bit of a management issue easing him through the preseason.
I'd be interested to know if he rejoined the main group for the later sessions and if something similar happened to other newbies?
Thanks again JM, nice to talk to you again. I have always loved the reports on training and the preseason games, I'm looking forward to hearing about the next couple months!!

Which Jake in modified?

Only saw the start of the session today, but thought I'd add that the modified group was small again and didn't seem too hindered with them all running and when I left they were doing some repeat 50m runs. Paddy, Jake. BJ and Courtney.
I'd be interested to know if he rejoined the main group for the later sessions and if something similar happened to other newbies?
Thanks again JM, nice to talk to you again. I have always loved the reports on training and the preseason games, I'm looking forward to hearing about the next couple months!!

Which Jake in modified?

If Melksham I wonder if he is under a slightly altered program as he will miss the first two weeks? Priming him to burst out of the blocks.

So, is Daniher a lock in the Dream team - as a cheap forward ??  274 +

thanks for the update!! sensational!!!

Thanks.

Finally some football to read about.

Agree, this makes a nice change. Many thanks Jackie for the latest update. Much appreciated and Happy New Year to you & Tiff. 

Was just listening to Dr Reid's interview for the Club website.

My for a guy who has been on leave for 3 months and that was his first day back, he really had in depth knowledge of the players' fitness.  ;) 

Was just listening to Dr Reid's interview for the Club website.

My for a guy who has been on leave for 3 months and that was his first day back, he really had in depth knowledge of the players' fitness.  ;)

haha.  So true.

Didn't someone say he put Chappy through his medical when we were on the verge of signing him?

I don‘t think I recall him ever doing this spot. Very subtle of EFC to get him to do it today  :ph34r: 

I don‘t think I recall him ever doing this spot. Very subtle of EFC to get him to do it today  :ph34r:

Dave used the word subtle - I will use pointed - It's sends a strong message. 

[quote name=“yaco55” post=“110817” timestamp=“1389102140”][quote name=“David J Richardson” post=“110810” timestamp=“1389097950”]
[quote name=“Fairybread” post=“110808” timestamp=“1389096921”]
My for a guy who has been on leave for 3 months and that was his first day back, he really had in depth knowledge of the players’ fitness.  :wink:
[/quote]
[/quote]
Dave used the word subtle - I will use pointed - It’s sends a strong message.
I think it gave a big Fark You to the AFL. i enjoyed this.

I don't know how much I can trust stuff being put out on the clubs site about who will be playing where just yet.

Just because Bomber or Bassett says something doesn't mean it's not a red herring, he could be deliberately misleading the opposition so they don't know what to expect round 1.

From what we saw of Carlisle last year, he should be expected to be played forward or back depending on the situation. And just because he's training with the forwards doesn't mean he won't train with the defense next week.

2km timetrials again today.

Short clip here https://t.co/WDwTB1l8mU

2km timetrials again today.

Short clip here https://t.co/WDwTB1l8mU

Who was that walking at the end lol?

Melksham?