Training Monday Dec 18

Fixed

RIPD is a horrible movie.

2 Likes

Worse game

Francis

they called him Mr Glass

That first paragraph is like the scene in LOTR where Boromir dies. Bang arrow to the heart. Push on. Bang another. Nah I’m ok. Bang. Bang. Ok cya later.

13 Likes

Draftees sore?
Not surprised. One bump from tippa, a dont argue from the package, a zerret tackle, or a one on one with hurls would send most of them into the rehab group. It takes time to harden up to handle that level.

1 Like

Begbie tks for the report. I would expect stringer and myers to be good. How did langford, mutch and clarke go?

1 Like

Many thanks to Begbie and the other regulars for the training report(s), as this will have to tide us over until January. What will we do until then? l know there are always Allblack’s threads about other teams and they are a good read and discussion point, but we need EFC input and it will be in short supply for a while. If only we had some holidays to take our minds off the lack of football at this time of year. Sigh.

1 Like

Only report i can give was friday night carlise was at the moonee valley races beers in hand whilst raz came up to him said hello and was on the waters. Carlise was consistently on his phone whilst raz spoke to him too. I know who the more professional one is and who id rather have. RAZZZZ

27 Likes

If it was Carlisle on the water I’d still take raz

6 Likes

Carlisle may have issues but imagine how good our team would be with him at chb/fb right now. Huge upgrade on Hartley. Hopefully Francis can come good, but right now Carlisle would give us by far the best spine in the competition.

9 Likes

Shoulder Round 1… again

Was he washing down the coke?

In all seriousness he was good, but he was never Hooker or Hurley good, just glimpses of.

I’m happy with Parish pick 5 and s number of 3rd tsll options.

Oh and “this club’s f@rked”.

3 Likes

Langford didn’t get much of it in the contested ball drill which essentially was match stimulation. The thing is where is his aggression? Stringer and Myers both have ‘mongrel’ in the contest. Does Langford?

Mutch didn’t train much with the main group. He’s been in rehab a bit lately.

Clarke - I just don’t see it. He gets beaten for pace, which means he is second to contest. His kicking under pressure is just no good. He tackles ok but that’s about it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the training report Begbie, good to hear Stringer is up and about again.

Just out of curiosity so I can get there at the right time in future what time were they training yesterday? I was there but there was no sign of life, just some young kids from Keilor College out on the grounds

Hoping news that i got on Ridley is not true.

…which is…?

Trying to get it 100% confirmed today but hearing foot/ankle ligament injury and out long term… possibly 6 months.

1 Like

Ohhhh man.

If true that’s a real shame.

Showed some great signs this year off a limited preparation.