Training Monday November 11 - anticipation

1-4 year players back Monday. The rest back 2 weeks later.

Expect parking to be limited. They’re starting renos to the facility, fences all over the car park today.

I’m hoping to get down to some. See how uni goes.

12 Likes

Was asked in his exit meeting to go on the Marty Gleeson diet, so he ate Marty Gleeson.

16 Likes

Of course they can. Its just our pre season is a bit shorter than everyone else’s pre season.
Got to ease back into it after the success of last season making finals.

1 Like

Is the new place? Reno’s already. New trophy room, I 'm excited.

1 Like

I was thinking about the expression you used. I think I’ve figured it out:

13 Likes

Be interesting to see if JoeDan comes back a bit earlier.

1 Like

I doubt he would - at least not in public. I think he will be avoiding the spotlight.

At least he didn’t join in Sydney’s training this week.

18 Likes

He’s going to be top of the list for footy stories this upcoming season. It’s spotlight all the way until his contract is decided.

No spotlight can be shone on the modified group training away inside the Hangar all preseason.

2 Likes

Nothing says Essendon preseason quite like… modified group.

8 Likes

Whatever happens preseason I am fully lid on until game 1, 2020.

I hope preseason is the hardest ever seen by any club ever in the history of the world, and done smart so we minimise injuries.

I also hope this includes skill sessions, kicking marking and hand balling.

X probably won’t happen.

3 Likes

What we need is 5 years of preseasons built into 1. Genius!

1 Like

Nothing angers me more during preseason than the “ball movement drill” where we move the ball from one end of the ground to the other with NO opposition or pressure…

It works Fantastic in games when teams apply no pressure. Sure, we thump some teams.

It NEVER works in a big game (Anzac Day, Dream Time, Finals) when teams apply pressure.

1 Like

Should we destroy the players emotionally and then build them back up to what we believe is the right standard?

Not sure if it’s done - but I want to see the coach blow the whistle if a drill/play is not executed correctly and make them do it again. And again and again and so forth until it is done the way it is meant to be done. You can throw in 10 push-ups for good measure.

Near enough cannot be the standard.

4 Likes

Someone like this?

10 Likes

could work - seems to be a head of himself…

2 Likes

We could always put them on a bus blindfolded with the Richmond theme song playing? I think that would motivate them.

1 Like

Maybe use the Swans song

1 Like